• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Day 1 washed out :(

Forecast not looking great for the next 3 days either. Plus its going to drop to below 10 degrees. The Scots must feel right at home.

cnerd123

likes this
So the first 2 days were completely washed out.

Im on my way to the ground now for Day 3, and its currently dry and very cold. Didn't rain much last night either. Lets hope we see some play today! :)

cnerd123

likes this
News from the ground is that the first session has been called off due to wet playing conditions. The pitch was still under covers and the groundstaff were working hard to dry it. The outfield was still wet. They will reinspect at lunch and hopefully then we can have some play.

cnerd123

likes this
Play has been abandoned :(

The T20s will be next weekend. Im volunteering at the first one. Herr's hoping the weather is good.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Have they been really unlucky here, or were the HK CEO's dreams of playing in winter and hosting Big Bash and stuff always a bit far-fetched?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Unlucky, but one could argue lacking foresight if they wanted to be harsh. Global climate change has meant HK's seasons have been shifting. Usually the freezing cold rainy weather happens in December, but its been arriving progressively later over the last few years. Quite a few of us here actually expected this.

An HK-style Big Bash is ambitious, but acheivable I reckon. We actually have a decent number of facilities to host it. Problem would be that we already struggle to fit all our existing domestic cricket in, and the peak holiday seasons of Summer and Winter are also very rainy.

Re-invigorating the HK Sixes would be great. The KCC ground is too tiny for any proper cricket (alothough Mission Road is pretty small too), and the format is easier to schedule around existing cricket.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Which team was favoured to win this 1st Class match ? What about the 2 ODI's and T20 I's ? Who starts favourite ? How is the weather looking for those matches ?

Stapel

International Regular
Netherlands , or rather South Africa B, are easing towards a win over UAE.

I guess not too many people care a damn bit, right?

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Correct. Few follow Associate cricket . And there are South African born ( mainly white) cricketers all over the world these days as racial quotas and the changing landscape of life in SA begins to bite. Not only in the Netherlands squad. Meanwhile the 4 day game in HK has been abandoned without a ball bowled ! HK Cricket's efforts thwarted by the weather: see

https://thecricketcauldron.wordpres...-cup-a-landmark-in-hong-kong-cricket-history/

Anyway International cricket is under threat from domestic T 20 leagues which the paying public are attracted to.see:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/2...tw-share&_r=1&referer=https://t.co/KUvMifbbE9

Changing times ! But will ICC change too ?

cnerd123

likes this
Which team was favoured to win this 1st Class match ? What about the 2 ODI's and T20 I's ? Who starts favourite ? How is the weather looking for those matches ?
Honestly cant say for the FC game. HK know the home conditions and were in great form, but Scotland have all the experience.

Im backing HK for the ODs and T20s

cnerd123

likes this
Got invited to a reception for the Scotland side this Tuesday.

Tempted to go but am a bit worried I'll be too star struck to talk to anyone.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
HK Cricket is planning to broadcast Tuesday's ODI with Scotland LIVE on the Net. Well done lads . Let's hope the weather and ground drainage at Mission Road, Mongkok improve and co operate. Can find LIVE link on HK Cricket Twitter when game begins .

cnerd123

likes this
Post the comment on the HK Cricket FB page. They monitor it quite closely. They'll do something about it.

Im going to tune in but keep it running on a minimised window because I'm at work and I don't think they woud appreciate me watching cricket at my desk even if I am supporting Hong Kong.