• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Bowling looked rusty too today. That's what happens when our only turf training facility is shut for a large period of time due to Chinese New Year + Coronavirus.

Doesn't change the fact that we're just not a great T20I side. Lack the firepower to score at 9 RPO consistently.

cnerd123

likes this
This has got to be our worst T20I loss ever. And in our first game against them too.

Kinda got screwed by D/L, but didn't bowl as well as we should have either.

cnerd123

likes this
Too little too late from Haroon

83 in 9 overs was a bastard of a chase in these conditions. Swing for the seamers, pitch is a bit damp, and the outfield is slow.

We need them to give us more full-tosses like that. 40 to win in 17 balls.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah they rage quit after Tanwir was sacked as captain right? Babar was a genuinely good bat too, a particularly big loss on the back of Rath getting stars in his eyes.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah they rage quit after Tanwir was sacked as captain right? Babar was a genuinely good bat too, a particularly big loss on the back of Rath getting stars in his eyes.
They rage quit because Tanwir was left out of the squad for the WT20 qualifiers. Anshuman was already captain for quite some time before that.

Tough start for Trent Johnston to come in and have 3 of your starting XI rage quit on you, followed by your best player deciding to go and play in India. Then he has to cope with the fact that all our home tournaments are getting scrapped, first due to protests, then due to coronavirus. Barely any turf training facilities atm too - I think they have used KCC a bit recently, but the main ground (Mission Road) has been shut for over a month now.

Nightmare season allround

We better smash Malaysia tonight

cnerd123

likes this
2nd T20I about to start and once again it's raining right after the toss. Malaysia won the toss and opted to bat first against too. FFS

this weather is conspiring against us

two changes in the XI for HK. Surprised they left out Mohsin Khan, but i suppose this tour is also about getting game time into the squad before the ACC Eastern Region T20 tournament in Thailand next week. While it would be ideal to smash Malaysia, I guess it's more important that the team get enough preparation ahead of the main tournament.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The weather is extra crazy this last week or so.

Strong winds, random heavy downpours for like 5 minutes. Not normal.