• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But the PCB helped ACB a lot initially. It's only once the BCCI got involved that things started to sour. Could be a coincidence.

Look at the timeline and who was in power in Afghanistan when. That is the reality. It has everything to do with political situation and nothing to do with the cricket boards is my point. And it still does not make sense that Afghanistan should take help from Pakistan TODAY. India is the best place for them to play their home games at, from every standpoint.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I could be mistaken, but I believe I've read articles that suggest the PCB fostered Afghani cricket in the early days so they would have a friend to side with them when things get ugly between them & the BCCI.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Just read in an article that domestic matches in Nepal are attracting close to 10,000 spectators to each game. Really great signs for the future.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nepal is basically India when it comes to cricket, they've been like that for ages now.

When Singapore beat them recently in the WT20 qualifiers and knocked them out, the fans spent the next half a year posting rubbish on all of Singapore Cricket's social media outlets ****ting on our players etc.

TimCutler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Nepal is basically India when it comes to cricket, they've been like that for ages now.

When Singapore beat them recently in the WT20 qualifiers and knocked them out, the fans spent the next half a year posting rubbish on all of Singapore Cricket's social media outlets ****ting on our players etc.
Indeed. It was heartening to see them clapping Nadeem's 50 the other day!

Jimmy1010 - their fans are notorious for their (over) reactions, bother at the ground (riots in the past) and online....but yes, taht ground has seen 20,000+ - wait until the finals of the upcoming Everest Premier League!

They still have someway to go; the insistence of referring to national sides as 'franchise' teams with 'bought' players add nothing to the conversation, especially when Singapore's story is such a good one of young guys balancing national service, thh great prep that went into the series and the success of the players despite the great gap between the haves & the have nots in places like Singapore (and HK).

It doesn't help when they are certain countries out there who actively recruit from FM countries and whose national team has more talent developed overseas than locally....but that's another longer conversation.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone think the obnoxiousness of the Nepalese fan base might have something to do with them looking to outdo India at all costs? I don't know all that much about it, but from what I've been told there a quite a few Indians out there that look down on people from Nepal. Happy to be corrected on this matter if I have heard wrong.

cnerd123

likes this
Nepal have just made history by bowling out USA for the joint-lowest ODI score ever. 35 all out at the TU International Cricket Ground. All 10 wickets fell to spin - Lamichhane 6-1-16-6 and Sushan Bhari 3-1-5-4. USA bowled out in 12 overs.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nepal have just made history by bowling out USA for the joint-lowest ODI score ever. 35 all out at the TU International Cricket Ground. All 10 wickets fell to spin - Lamichhane 6-1-16-6 and Sushan Bhari 3-1-5-4. USA bowled out in 12 overs.
In fact all wickets in this match fell to spin.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Xavier Marshall is only 33? Wow

His picture on the USA cricket website makes him look about 50. Actually almost reminds me of that Tiger Woods mugshot a little bit

cnerd123

likes this
A five-match T20I series between HK and Malaysia starts tonight. All games will be broadcast live on YouTube. First game starts in about 5 and half hours.

cnerd123

likes this
Mohsin Khan living up to the hype there. A left arm quick who swings it in is always useful.

Kinchit in the powerplay is a bit of a gamble in T20s I feel.