• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I remain surprised at how consistently meh Scotland have been this tournament. I rate the team pretty highly by associate standards and I think they came in ranked 11th, ahead of not only all the other associates but also two Test teams. They can salvage the whole thing by winning here - and I think they'd be more potentially interesting in Australia than UAE - but it's been a bit of a debacle for them.

cnerd123

likes this
You're pretty confident
i'm feeling it tonight. We've got a young team out there with nothing to lose, who have already exceeded all expectations by making it this far. After 3 losses to start the tournament, we pulled off 3 backs-to-the-wall, must-win victories in a row, including a thriller vs Jersey (who beat us in the 2015 T20 qualifiers), and then beating the then-unbeaten Canada by 32 runs. Then we thrashed Nigeria by enough of a margin to sneak into 4th place on NRR.

In the meanwhile, Oman were a win over Jersey away to going straight to Australia. But they lost. They choked and were at the wrong end of an upset. But it's okay, they had a chance to beat the mercurial Namibian side and make it through. But they screwed that up too. Twice. First they let Namibia off from 95/4 in 15, and then they threw away a 55/1 in 5 overs start in the chase with some incredibly brainless and panicked batting.

Suddenly they're now fighting for survival against a HK side they've beaten twice in the past month.

All the pressure is on them. None of it is on us. We've just got to go out there and play our best cricket. We've got nothing to lose. Oman, on the other hand, could easily panic under the weight of expectations, and will playing with self-doubt and hesitation after losing 2 games in a row. They're a strong team. Heck, they're the better team. They've showed this already. But this tournament has been full of upsets. It's only fitting that we see one more.

I'm feeling it. This is shaping up to be an incredible Cinderella story. I want this so bad. **** I can't wait for this game.

HONG KONG GA YAU!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
How good is it that UAE beat Canada to ensure HK made it through before they put in two performances like this

And Oman holding on for just long enough to ensure Jersey don't pip us on NRR, ensuring they get to play us tonight

Love it.

I know I'm gonna look dumb if HK get hammered but I don't care. I'm going to reverse gambhir this bitch and ensure HK win this game through sheer will power alone

cnerd123

likes this
Oman are shook. Winning the toss and batting first is a sensible move, but they've been opting to bowl first all tournament until now. Little lack of confidence there showing.

cnerd123

likes this
We're away!

Good ball first up from Aizaz

Let's go boys. Just play your best cricket and Oman will take care of the rest.