• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Golden Horde

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Interestingly it seems that the qualifiers for the 2021 Wt20 start before the 2020 main event

Nepal-Singapore ended without a result because of the rain. So Nepal, Singapore and Malaysia go through to the regional finals, where they will be joined by UAW, Qatar and Kuwait.
Sandeep finishes the tournament with 24 wickets @ 2.37 rpw and a strike rate of 5.1 :laugh:

Against non-WCL opposition, he got 15 wickets @ 1.4 rpw :wacko:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We were well on our way to a bollocking against Nepal.

Huge gulf between us and the bottom few ODI nations which I can't see closing anytime soon.

Golden Horde

Some good news from Oman - https://www.muscatdaily.com/Archive/Sports/Oman-Cricket-set-for-big-boost-5bak

Speaking at the Oman Cricket (OC) annual awards ceremony on Wednesday, Pankaj Khimji, OC board member, said, “Ireland has confirmed its trip in February for a T20I series. We have also got the boards of the Netherlands, Scotland and Hong Kong expressing their interest to visit around the same time. I hope we could organise a triangular or a quadrangular series once we get the confirmation from the respective nations.”
They're heavily reliant on the (admirable) patronage of the Khimji family, and they have a long way to go before they start producing a few quality home-grown cricketers, but I've been quietly impressed with the development work that Oman has shown in the last decade. They've steadily gone up the WCL ladder, built a new stadium, hosting an ICC event in November and will now host a full member

Last edited:

Golden Horde

Massive news coming in from the ICC meeting this weekend for associates - https://twitter.com/ICC/status/1053...-a-matches-in-icc-world-cup-challenge-league/

So looks like the whole WCL structure will be overhauled. If they give all the league 2 teams ODI status for the duration of the cycle, I'll be very happy. The 10-team WC sucks but we already knew about it:@:@

Edit -

Found the press release - https://www.icc-cricket.com/media-releases/881375

Confirms that all the league 2 matches will have ODI status (although whether those teams will be allowed to arrange bilateral ODIs or not remains to be seen) which means that 20 teams will soon be playing ODI cricket. What a day for cricket fans outside the FMs!

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
lmao its a Banking Cup. No wonder they have the money for this.

CHK should steal this idea :ph34r:

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
ahahaha they delayed the start because the players couldn't get off work early enough to make it to the ground on time

Love it.

cnerd123

likes this
the players aren't even in consistent kit - the opening bowler is in blue track pants while the slip and keeper are in red lol.

Atleast they get to play on turf. Wide, 4, wicket in the first three balls. Club cricket at it's finest folks.