• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
It's terrible but hopefully Namibia can arrange for some other Associates to come over for tours instead. Less travelling time/logistics costs for them, and still get to play plenty of cricket.

cnerd123

likes this
Sandeep took 4/3 today against myanmar! Still, good for the teams to face someone of his quality

Malaysian Cricket Association ordered to vacate Kinrara Oval | CRICKET News | Stadium Astro

I hope this can be solved :(
This is awful news. The Kinrara Oval is literally the best venue in Associate Asia. Malaysia hosts so much Associate and Age-Group ACC cricket over there. Who is this new developer and why were they given the rights to such an important venue?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Outside of those guys, there really aren't all that many more expats. Tony Opatha & Mudassar Bukhari spring to mind, but overall they seemed to have about as many players born outside NL playing for them than the amount of Non-English born cricketers playing for England (ok England are a poor example).

But yeah, Ireland can be very proud of their home-grown talent. Apart from Murtagh, Botha, West & Johnston I can't think of all that many expats who played for them over the years.
Swart, the other Cooper, van Beek, Rippon, van der Gugten, Snater, Cantrell, Clarke, Kruger, Stelling, Reekers, Aponso, Myburgh, Edwards, O'Dowd. There's a few. Ryan Campbell to become a triple international at age 50 imo.

Can arguably include Kervezee, Raja, Szwarczynski and Panchal too, but that would be exceedingly harsh.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, and Izzy Westbury too if we want to include women's.

Anyway, reason I actually came into the thread was to note that Shane Deitz has been named CEO over in Vanuatu. Hero.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It seems like it would have been a good use of discretionary ICC funds to outbid whichever mob has taken the rights to it given it's such a hub for associate and youth level Asian cricket.

Golden Horde

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thailand have been impressive against nepal so far. I'm obviously just looking at the scores, so maybe its a minefield for all we know

Singapore once again got the better of malaysia in the "Straights Derby"

cnerd123

likes this
Yea pretty bad news. Irfan was suspended for this earlier, did not expect Nadeem to be involved too (although they are brothers). As for Haseeb...his reputation in HK isn't the best, so can't say I'm too shocked.

Nevertheless pretty disappointing. Bad day for HK Cricket.