• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suppose this is in the wrong spot with them not being associates now, maybe they need their own thread of something as test outsiders/minnows
I kind of just want to rename this thread to something that would still include them and Ireland (probably not quite enough associate talk about other teams to justify this being stickied otherwise) and even Zimbabwe too, but I can't come up with a good name that wouldn't either be too verbose or come off condescending.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I kind of just want to rename this thread to something that would still include them and Ireland (probably not quite enough associate talk about other teams to justify this being stickied otherwise) and even Zimbabwe too, but I can't come up with a good name that wouldn't either be too verbose or come off condescending.
Emerging nations thread?

SeamUp

International Coach
UAE t20 starting up.

Squads have to include 3 local players and 3 players from other associate countries.

AB, Miller, Morgan, Russell the first icon players.

Golden Horde

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So PNG and Vanuatu are through to the regional finals. Theyll be joined by one of Indonesia, Philippines, Japan and Korea. Could just have had one big tournament next year IMO

Meanwhile in Europe, Denmark, Italy, Norway, Germany and the two Channel Islands teams are through to the regional finals

Heres a nice infographic on where we stand - https://twitter.com/BdJcricket/status/1036582550968389637

Will be all kinds of awesome if the ICC dont back down on the 12-team main draw

SeamUp

International Coach
UAE t20 starting up.

Squads have to include 3 local players and 3 players from other associate countries.

AB, Miller, Morgan, Russell the first icon players.
Just more on this. Will run during the Big Bash and there are already issues due to the amounts of money given to players in this comp.

They've already won the battle for AB for example and supposedly Morgan will get £ 270k

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotta keep the faith when it comes to Ireland imo. It wont be too long before fresh talent comes knocking, and this time around England wont be there to steal them away. Adding Morgan to the Ireland team right now would help them immensely. It's a shame that he mightn't ever play for them again, or if he does, it will be well after his peak.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya players on strike apparently. Still no closure on the management situation with all the litigation in the air.