• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm looking forward to the Div 4 tournament tbh. A promotion for Vanuatu would be huge.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vanuatu are a decent side but I don't think they'll make Div 3. They've been playing in a tournament out here along with Jersey and they didn't do too well against a diluted Singapore side. They'll have to beat Malaysia and Uganda which is a pretty big ask imo.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Vanuatu are a decent side but I don't think they'll make Div 3. They've been playing in a tournament out here along with Jersey and they didn't do too well against a diluted Singapore side. They'll have to beat Malaysia and Uganda which is a pretty big ask imo.
Yeah, definitely a tough one. They've got the X factor that is Shane Deitz making a comeback though, which will be great fun if nothing else.

A few of their guys are getting Premier Cricket exposure over here. I really hope they do well (if nothing else I really want to get over to the Div 3 tournament to follow them).

Jack1

International Debutant
Vanuatu won today. Deitz got 71 not out. For anyone that doesn't know he's a player coach that recently qualified to play for them. Aged 42 and hadn't played a FC game for 10 years before this competition.

Denmark needed 5 to win with 4 wickets in hand against Uganda off the final over and lost by 1 run.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Welcome to Test cricket for Afghanistan, already Virat Kohli has pulled out of their first ever Test because playing county cricket is more important

brutal

Mr Miyagi

Banned
you know this joke would have been a lot funnier if it was Afghanistan playing Bangladesh. You've wasted it here. Should have kept it in your holster, saved it for the right moment.

Not sure about this. Afghanistan and Ireland as far as I am aware are not full ICC members but still associates, but they do have test status.

JediBrah seems to have conflated test status with full ICC membership - which doesn't exist as a concept anymore. We are actually in a dichotomy now where Zimbabwe is a full ICC member, and yet probably not as good at cricket as Afghanistan, who is merely an associate.

How this plays out, whether Afghanistan get full membership inclusive of Zimbabwe or at the expense of Zimbabwe, I find rather curious. But Afghanistan is qualifying for WT20 and World Cups, Zimbabwe is not.

But I will say that that Shezhad's dancing and R Khan's googlies are earning the ICC members more revenue than Taylor and Ervine are.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Not sure about this. Afghanistan and Ireland as far as I am aware are not full ICC members but still associates, but they do have test status.

JediBrah seems to have conflated test status with full ICC membership - which doesn't exist as a concept anymore. We are actually in a dichotomy now where Zimbabwe is a full ICC member, and yet probably not as good at cricket as Afghanistan, who is merely an associate.

How this plays out, whether Afghanistan get full membership inclusive of Zimbabwe or at the expense of Zimbabwe, I find rather curious. But Afghanistan is qualifying for WT20 and World Cups, Zimbabwe is not.
Afghanistan and Ireland are full memebers

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/422449

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
All of these ''statuses'' just proves one thing that cricket is basically ran by a bunch of corporate types over whisky lunches. Just old farts keeping the smaller countries down.