• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just had a 'what the hell' moment looking up the scores. I knew they were close, didn't occur to me it was an exact mirror.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I was going to say great minds, but both of us putting on the same losing bet probably doesn't qualify.
Haha that horrible night when you burn your last NZ-based friend who's willing to let you bet in their name has arrived now, too.

Time to find some dodgier friends and just hope I don't have a lean trot, I suppose.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh they limit me pretty hard. If I wanted to go with Rashid Khan (40/1) to top score tonight I can put a grand total of 50c on it.

They find my focus on obscure New Zealand domestic cricket and international U19 cricket to be very disconcerting, in a Mr. X kind of way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah that's brutal. They basically won't let me make more than about 4 grand in one bet anymore, and they don't let me take advantage of many promotions, but nothing quite that dire.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha williamhill has limited me in a big way - and 365 too

Nowadays I mainly do match result betting on bfair (and sometimes scores). They don't do that kind of limiting - because their business model is different. Bfair is my new friend. On the flip-side, they don't have top scorer bets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha williamhill has limited me in a big way - and 365 too

Nowadays I mainly do match result betting on bfair (and sometimes scores). They don't do that kind of limiting - because their business model is different. Bfair is my new friend. On the flip-side, they don't have top scorer bets.
Yeah they used to, but it's very rare for them to bother these days.

Bijed

International Regular
Rashid Khan's bowling average is now at 13.75 :blink:
Managed to get it down to 13.58 since you posted

He's now got 81 wickets from 35 games. HowSTAT hasn't updated for this match (or the last one, it would appear) yet, so I grabbed a screenshot of the records for wickets after x ODIs

rashid.png

I know that he's pretty much exclusively played weak opposition, but still, he's 10 wickets ahead of the previous record for 35 matches, and even if he goes wicketless in his next four, he'll still claim the record for those numbers of matches!

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't it time to create a separate sticky thread for world cup qualifiers? Personally looking forward to this as it will be much more competitive and quality than previous qualifiers.

MagicPoopShovel

U19 12th Man
Ireland are building a new ground

Under the provisions of the new FTP, Ireland anticipate 60 home fixtures for Ireland's men over the course of the coming five-year period, with additional commitments for women, regional and age-group fixtures. They have already announced an additional six limited-overs matches against Afghanistan in 2018.

"What has become abundantly clear to the Board is that this dramatic increase in our home schedule means that we will need to share the load beyond our four existing international-standard grounds around Ireland (Malahide, Clontarf, Stormont and Bready)," Deutrom added.

Malahide, which will host Ireland's maiden Test match, against Pakistan in May, has been a full international venue since September 2013, when England were the visitors.

Ireland to build new stadium to meet needs of Test era - ESPNcricinfo