• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good to see Lamichhane playing senior cricket and picking up 3 wickets. Dominated the U19 WC Qualifiers.

cnerd123

likes this
Does it with the bat and does it with the ball. Former skipper Tanwir Afzal leading front the front.

neat bit of keeping from Atkinson too, following his 76. Skipper leading from the front as well.

cnerd123

likes this
Aizaz so good.

Apparently he used to be really rapid when younger. All these top class 120 kmph bowlers must have the ability to bowl 130+. That way they can bowl within themselves and have this great control and all their tricks.

cnerd123

likes this
Hong Kong vs Afghanistan, 24th Match, ICC Intercontinental Cup, 2015-17 | Cricbuzz.com

No live stream for this unfortunately.

HK off to a decent start. Have stacked their team with batsman - only three proper bowlers picked, and two of those are middle order batsmen at club level.

I bowled to Haroon Arshad in a league game last season, prior to his selection into the HK A squad. He now makes his debut for HK. From facing me to facing Rashid Khan and Dawlat Zadran - that's going to be quite some step up for him.

cnerd123

likes this
Afghanistan too good. HK 142 a/o

Haroon Arshad with a duck on debut at number 10. Saturday League Div 2 cricket is just not the right kind of preparation for Dawlat Zadran.

Hope this game last till Sunday.

Slippaah

U19 12th Man
Afghanistan too good. HK 142 a/o

Haroon Arshad with a duck on debut at number 10. Saturday League Div 2 cricket is just not the right kind of preparation for Dawlat Zadran.

Hope this game last till Sunday.
This First Class match was over in 2 days. A gulf in quality has appeared between these two sides in the space of 2 years.

ICC Intercontinental Cup at Mong Kok, Oct 20-21 2017 | Match Report | ESPNCricinfo

Two years ago HK could beat Afghanistan.

1st Qualifying Play-off, ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier at Dublin, Jul 21 2015 | Match Report | ESPNCricinfo

HK has lost 65% of that successful team in 27 months , the players who earned ODI and T20I status for HK and generous but short term cyclical funding for Cricket HK from ICC.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I bowled to Haroon Arshad in a league game last season, prior to his selection into the HK A squad. He now makes his debut for HK. From facing me to facing Rashid Khan and Dawlat Zadran - that's going to be quite some step up for him.
He got a pair :laugh:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This First Class match was over in 2 days. A gulf in quality has appeared between these two sides in the space of 2 years.

ICC Intercontinental Cup at Mong Kok, Oct 20-21 2017 | Match Report | ESPNCricinfo

Two years ago HK could beat Afghanistan.

1st Qualifying Play-off, ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier at Dublin, Jul 21 2015 | Match Report | ESPNCricinfo

HK has lost 65% of that successful team in 27 months , the players who earned ODI and T20I status for HK and generous but short term cyclical funding for Cricket HK from ICC.
T20s though. Even Singapore has beaten Afghanistan in a T20.

cnerd123

likes this
Nine expensive wicketless overs too.
Speaking to some U23 HK players who have been training with Haroon, his bowling is apparently his stronger suit now. Either way, pretty rough debut for him. He absolutely middled the ball that he was given LBW to in the second innings as well. We could hear the sound of the bat from the boundary. The square leg umpire even indicated to the bowler's end umpire after the decision was given that there was bat on it. Poor kid got robbed.

Take away from watching Afghanistan bowl in that second innings live - Rashid Khan is ****ing rapid and his googly dips quite a bit, but you can read it from his hand at the boundary so not sure why it's so hard to pick as a batsman (probably something to do with the angle), Zakir Khan -the left arm Chinaman bowler- is ****ing rapid. He's essentially bowling medium paced cutters with his left hand, with the odd slower on to catch batsmen off guard. Definitely a bowler to watch out for. They're a well drilled fielding unit too, and from all accounts by the umpires they are extremely polite.

Most of them are also Pakistani and not Afghani - they were speaking Urdu to the fans at the boundary. Couple of the HK Pakistani players knew these guys from back when they were kids in Pakistan as well.

cnerd123

likes this
Also Anshuman Rath is pure quality. Such a great temperament. Blocked the good balls, milked the poor ones. When the 9th wicket fell,he danced down the wicket and launched Rashid Khan for a nonchalant six over the longest boundary at the ground. Terrific 50. No doubt he'd have gone on to 100 if he just had someone who could occupy the crease at the other end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I saw him bat once before too (against Scotland IIRC?) and came to the same conclusion. He's still so young too. Huge talent.