• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

cnerd123

likes this
Hong Kong Cricket Association

The Hong Kong national team will face the reigning Big Bash League champions Sydney Thunder in two practice games at Wade Park in Orange, Country New South Wales on 11 December.

The match will kick off Hong Kong's tour of Australia, with more fixtures scheduled for announcement over the coming weeks.
This is pretty cool

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Saudi Arabia seem to have a better team than their ranking suggests. At one point a couple of years back they were refused promotion because the other teams in Division 6 didn't want to play in Saudi Arabia which might explain the disparity a bit.

EDIT: Actually apparently the other teams were fine with it, but the Saudi government denied the players visas. Typical.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Saudi Arabia seem to have a better team than their ranking suggests. At one point a couple of years back they were refused promotion because the other teams in Division 6 didn't want to play in Saudi Arabia which might explain the disparity a bit.

EDIT: Actually apparently the other teams were fine with it, but the Saudi government denied the players visas. Typical.
Wikipedia says the host (England) denied them visas. The reference just leads to a cricketarchive page of the tournament though so I'm not sure how true it is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wikipedia says the host (England) denied them visas. The reference just leads to a cricketarchive page of the tournament though so I'm not sure how true it is.
Yeah the thread I was reading about it on another forum was seemingly completely full of crap as they weren't going to have any home games in that tournament anyway. They definitely qualified for that tournament in England and didn't end up playing in it for some reason though.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Hoping for a bit more of a look at Cribb's Rahmat Shah. Afghanistan lost the toss and are chasing, so I'll have to come back about five hours from now.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm Dawlat Zadran getting some of Mirpur's U19 WC pace and bounce there. This will be a good watch in its own right.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Bangladesh isn't an associate guys and this series has it's own thread.
The issue with opening every bold thread in a new tab and then reading them one at a time is that it's rare that I actually know what thread anything is in