• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Another emerging star brought to me by Cribbage. 32 past the hour to see Shah's weak demise.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep particularly since they were 3 for bugger all. Good for the series. Just need to stop giving Afghan's tail so many runs late though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yamin Ahmadzai to Joyce, 2 runs, OUT, well whats happening here. Joyce hits the ball to the extra cover boundary. The fielders chase the ball back and get it back in. Joyce thought that it had gone for the boundary and stopped running before the throw came back in.

Shades of Ian Bell against India there, the Afghan Captain was asked by the Umpire to withdraw their appeal. They refused and Joyce was given out. Lots of bat waving going on between Porterfield and the Afghan players. The decision stands. This is going to rumble on and on.

:-O

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How satisfying would that have been for Joyce? He couldn't have scripted it better. Good on him.

CzechMikey

Cricket Spectator

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
2-2 with one game washed out. My prediction was pretty close. Any thoughts on the Dutch leg of Afghanistan's European tour?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I haven't followed his progress since he left Zimbabwean cricket a couple of years ago, but in youth cricket he was extremely highly rated as a talent. He was known for his pace as a bowler more than his control, movement or effectiveness but he kept the ZCF Howsies talking.. and as a batsman he was known as a massive hitter more than anything else. The sort of player who just screams potential to coaches as a kid, really.

People were divided over whether his batting or his bowling would end up his stronger suit, but he was a bit of a young Andy Blignaut when he bailed if that means anything to you. I believe he was batting five and opening the bowling for the national Under 17s team.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

Dutch selections (via Bertus de Jong)

Snater with some odd figures. Seems like he's still raw. #scoreboardjournalism
And Blignaut was always a handy ICC pickup

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yeah I'm sure they base it on more than the 3-day match but that match was actually one of the fewest domestic longer-form matches ever played in Netherlands, so thought it deserved a CW post.