• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Ok seems pretty clear cut.

Never tried this myself so can't comment on how much help picking the seam on an 8 over old ball would provide, and Sachin could always swing the ball a bit anyways, so while I doubt that this would have been very effective, it does seem like he is guilty of tampering.
Yeah it looks pretty clear cut there. Still plausible but I doubt he was just cleaning grass and dirt off the seam, it really doesn't look like that at all.

Poor Chappell, no wonder he failed at India when the senior players were plotting against him to the board behind his back.
Yeah there's always been a problem of seniors having too much power imo. Perhaps they took offence to Chappell attempting to replace their Briyani and Naan with an 82 page cookbook.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Atul Wassan - "... it was ridiculous on Mike Denness' part to just come out of the closet and just ban 6 players." :laugh: Classic.

OverratedSanity

Atul Wassan - "... it was ridiculous on Mike Denness' part to just come out of the closet and just ban 6 players." :laugh: Classic.
Haha yeah that was gold. He regularly has such foot in mouth moments on Indian news channels too. He recently said something like "Dhoni has proved enough... he should just blow off all the critics and give them a nice blowjob and just let his bat do the talking" :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Never tried this myself so can't comment on how much help picking the seam on an 8 over old ball would provide, and Sachin could always swing the ball a bit anyways, so while I doubt that this would have been very effective, it does seem like he is guilty of tampering.

Ok seems pretty clear cut
This longer one shows how angry Greig is too. This is the same guy who orgasmed through Desert Storm. And here he is stating plainly that Tendulkar cannot be defended and that he's guilty as guilty can be of tampering, around 5:30 in the video

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah there's always been a problem of seniors having too much power imo. Perhaps they took offence to Chappell attempting to replace their Briyani and Naan with an 82 page cookbook.
Yea and then Chappell went one step further and visited Tendulkar's home to replace the biryani maybe.

Or maybe he took a u-turn and said "Together we can eat all the biryani for years to come".

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Haha yeah that was gold. He regularly has such foot in mouth moments on Indian news channels too. He recently said something like "Dhoni has proved enough... he should just blow off all the critics and give them a nice blowjob and just let his bat do the talking" :laugh:
LOL.....BULL ****ing ****.....I don;t believe that :lol::lol::lol:

:ROFL:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That video doesn't change my original opinion on the 'ball tampering allegation' incident.

Did Tendulkar do something against the rules of cricket? - Yes
Shouldn't he have been more careful and asked for umpire's permission? - Yes
Is there sufficient evidence to say he tampered for ball for getting assistance as a bowler? - No
Was ICC right in changing the charge from 'ball tampering' to 'cleaning the ball without the umpire's permission'? - Yes

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This is the same guy who orgasmed through Desert Storm.
TBF, both Tony Greig and Ian Chappell has almost always had orgasm through any display of attacking batting anywhere. The only difference is in their way - Greig loved the loud orgasm while Chappell prefers quiet ways of taking pleasure like a person very experienced and knowledgeable about orgasms.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What I love about this is Sachin isn't taking any prisoners. Could have easily had the most boring autobiography of all time talking about his childhood and how important his brother is to him (which we've all heard). Instead he's rightly or wrongly cutting sick at ***s. Will buy this for sure.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Overrated Sanity - what are your thoughts on the ball tampering/lolly incident with Dravid during the Aus/Ind/Zim ODI series in 2003/04 in Australia?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tendulkar having a wahhhhhhhh @ "Endulkar" headlines :laugh:

What a guy. Gonna be a better book than KP's.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's not true. For a nation so mad over cricket, cricket books have never sold well in the country. People watch it a lot but many don't even know lbe laws properly let alone read books a out the game.

Hatchette is one of the best publishers in India right now in the sense that they produce fewer but quality stuff. I am glad that they are doing their marketing right.

If this book means some more people read a sports book, I am happy.
Whatever did happen to that Tendulkar book of you were writing?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Can't wait for the Tendulkar's autobiography v. Bradman's Art of Cricket* comparison threads with people popping in and arguing that it isn't even as good as this era's Ponting's At Close of Play and blocky arguing that while Tendulkar's book sold more copies, Warne and Laxman's books won more Indian awards.

* - It'll have to be too ****ing good to even compare, tbf.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My theory on Chappell's ridiculous attempt to ask for Sachin's support to dethrone Dravid is that he thought Sachin was still a bitter **** about Dravid declaring when Sachin was 194 not out. He took a calculated risk, and it didn't pay off evidently :ph34r:

Teja.

Global Moderator
My theory on Chappell's ridiculous attempt to ask for Sachin's support to dethrone Dravid is that he thought Sachin was still a bitter **** about Dravid declaring when Sachin was 194 not out. He took a calculated risk, and it didn't pay off evidently :ph34r:
Can't believe that **** was ten years ago, was actually ten when I watched that series and think Sehwag's 309 was one of the defining moments of my short life till then.

The pitches were flat as **** but my god was that fun. India v Pak tests need to return.

Burgey

How ****ing funny is it that people would march in the streets because a bloke in their cricket team was accused of ball tampering? FMD.

Is there anything in his autobiography on how he was able to play cricket and run between wickets with that selective deafness he has?