• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you select as the first change bowler for Australia at home this summer?

Who would you select as the first change bowler for Australia at home this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inspired by Monk's thread.

Harris is supposed to be fit for the Gabba so he'll open with Johnson, but who should be the other quick in the lineup?

Blocky

Banned
Siddle with near 200 wickets bowls tirelessly and is good in home conditions, perfect foil for the "I can only bowl 4 over spells" bowlers in Harris, Johnson and Pattinson (if he comes back)

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I get the feeling Hazlewood is there or there abouts in the minds of the selectors. You're not going to push Johnson or Harris off the new pill, so I'm unsure how useful Chadd would be in that role (as much as I like the guy). I honestly wouldn't mind Behrendorff. Kid can bowl.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Don't mind too much who is the third bowler in the lineup provided Rhino and Mitch are fit for the majority of the series.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where's Jackson Bird these days?
As Riggins said, he has had two long-term injuries since the Ashes - he's only really played T20's (which surprising success) since then. He's apparently close to a comeback, though I'm not sure if he'll be ready for the First Test. If he is (i.e. plays Shield cricket in the lead-up), he'd be my pick. Otherwise, I'd plump for Hazlewood.

DriveClub

International Regular
Anyone except Siddy the lionheart, I'd prefer twatto and marshy share the duties and play an extra batsman cos batting just sucks balls

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Anyone except Siddy the lionheart, I'd prefer twatto and marshy share the duties and play an extra batsman cos batting just sucks balls
Apo pls.

Urrr no. Let's not get even funkier than the complete funk up we've just witnessed.

3 best quicks and a spinner.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think Siddle has earned the right to play the first Test at the Gabba, but yeah if he is non-threatening and finishes two completed innings with 2-fa or something ordinary I'm prepared to listen to other options. If Harris and Pattinson were both fit and firing Sid would be under more pressure, but they aren't.

As for possible alternatives, I would definitely go for Hazlewood over Starc by the way. I really think that Starc needs a bit more bowling for NSW.

uvelocity

International Coach
its india. we could pick jono's mum, as long as you can get it above knee height you'll take bags