• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly fined 80% of match fees

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
furious_ged said:
Listen mate, one ball is plenty of proof. You say he can't play short bowling? Well, I've seen him do it. That's it.
Give me a break... This is laughable and utter tripe..... :lol: :lol:

going by your logic I can say that I have seen Ganguly pull and hook plenty(not one ball) over the years to convince me that he can play the short stuff excellently like anybody else....would you agree to that ?

Last edited:

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Even if there is a lot of talent in a team, to win a match they should play as one. Right now, ppl are talking about India perhaps having the best batting lineup in the world. But they dont realise it was composed of the same individuals 4 or 5 years ago. But did the team play well? NO. It was still the times of Tendulkar VS The Opposition.

There is also a noticeable difference in the body language of this new Indian team...they actually have an attitude and a spirit. This was unknown 4 years ago. Even if they find themselves on the backfoot, they still want to win. IMO, Ganguly deserves a lot of credit for this transformation. I like his straightforward approach. Some ppl don't like the way he says what's on his mind, but that's not his fault. If you don't like it, then thats too bad.

masterblaster

International Captain
With some posters its just the fact that they dont like Ganguly, and can't give somebody due credit.

Ganguly is one of the finest captains in the world today, and im sure everybody deep down in their heart knows that.

Ganguly's just one of those people whom you just love to hate. If Australian's or Englishmen or South African's have a 'Ganguly' type attitude, they indeed are praised, and praised to the heavens.

Its because the rest of the world has seen a meek, mild and timid India for sooooo very long. When India becomes tougher, stronger and more intense, people dont like it.

Thats a sure case of double standards for me, and im sure everybody here knows it. The years of Indian Cricket being in the hands of gentle giants such as Srinath and Prasad are over.

We're intense, ruthless, shrewd and cunning now. We're in it to win, not to win any popularity contests. We're tougher than we've ever been, and its because of Ganguly's approach.

Dont Like Ganguly?

Hell, We Indian's dont care!

We reckon he's the best captain we've ever had!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Ganguly is one of the finest captains in the world today, and im sure everybody deep down in their heart knows that.

if hes so good, and uually bowls his spinners alot why cant he get through his overs on time??

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sanz said:
Btw - I would love to see Gilly facing Bond. I remember Bond tortured Gilly in VB series.
You wont be seeing that again mate, the Bond's a walking injury.

I would LOVE to see bond fit!

Thelwell

age_master said:
if hes so good, and usually bowls his spinners alot why cant he get through his overs on time??
Good point, well made.

Think the word "cheat" may have something to do with it, but i'm not sure why yet?

I'm sure everyone else in the thread will be able to explain why this happens. I'm sure there's an perfectly good innocent explanation.

Thelwell

Sanz said:
Oh so you only remember World CUP ?? Here is Gilly's record against Pakistan in World Cup - 3 Matches - 55 Runs Avg. 18.33.
No :!( I can remember test matches too! And the odd ODI match:

Gilly's average Vs. Pakistan 64.33 :P

Gilly's ODI average Vs. Pakistan 32.50 :D

'av it :baddevil:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Gilly for mine has alway's been one of the best Australian batsman in pressure situations against good bowling and I think most Australian's will agree with me.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Thelwell said:
No :!( I can remember test matches too! And the odd ODI match:

Gilly's average Vs. Pakistan 64.33
Gilly's avg is because of the runs he made in Home series where Biased aussie Umpires wont give him out. Look at his Away/Neutral record his avg is reduced to 40. :)

Gilly's ODI average Vs. Pakistan 32.50 :D
Ganguly's Avg against Pakistan is 41.83. :lol: :lol:

Okay Pakistan is done over to SA now. btw, Nice to see you jumping from ODIs to TEST. :P

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Thelwell said:
Good point, well made.

Think the word "cheat" may have something to do with it, but i'm not sure why yet?

I'm sure everyone else in the thread will be able to explain why this happens. I'm sure there's an perfectly good innocent explanation.
If that's the case the Aussies are the bigger Cheats, Because They have been fined for slow over rate more than anyone else. Not to forget most of the time they were fined, Their team was the losing side. :lol: :lol:

I guess Gangs learnt this lession from his friends from down under.:yawn:

Last edited by a moderator:

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Thelwell said:
Good point, well made.

Slow over rates are common.... give me a statistical comparison to say that India has been fined for it, more then the other teams over the last four years of test cricket and I would agree to it.Otherwise stop whining.

And the word "cheat" is reserved for people(read Chappellis) who bowl underarm to avoid certain defeat....or people(Slater) who claim catches after picking up the ball from the ground and then go on to make a scene about it, and such..... I think you get the drift.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Gilly's avg is because of the runs he made in Home series where Biased aussie Umpires wont give him out.
Which would work if a) the umpires in Tests in Australia were Australian and b) they were biased.

0 out of 2 kind of renders that argument invalid.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Calling Ganguly cheat b'coz of slow over rates :O :lol: :lol: . This is getting really funny. Almost all of the cricket players are cheats too then.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Not many times have teams won chasing 300+ in ODIs. India have done it 4 times (more than any other team). Two times, it was Ganguly who set the stage for the victory. Against Pakistan, India were chasing 315, Ganguly scored 124 opening and then against england he scored 60 off 43 balls. Even in the other two times, he scored very qucik 30's and was also the captain.

Who was the guy who said ganguly can't handle pressure situations? He's better than gilchrist if the target is big