• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly fined 80% of match fees

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
he should have been suspended for wasting so much time, the injury could have been clearled up and play continued much faster - the feilding - he changed the field at least twice per over and oftem every ball swapped fielders. and even having too mcuh to say about umpiring decisions - hes a disgrace

Since he changes his field, runs in to bowl, stops, changes his field back to the way it was and bowls, having wasted 3 minutes for absolutely no reason.

krkode

State Captain
Thelwell said:
I think Ganguly is an arrogant **** and deserves everything he gets. Took great pleasure in watching Bangar run him out in the 1st VB game.
Including that ***y ODI average of 40+, eh?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
A minor point, but since when has making field changes been against the laws?
its not the fielding changes themsleves, but doing them for no real reason other than to waste time is the problem.

and swapping fielders for no real reason without changing the field, it was the most pathetic display i have seen by any captain ever. good thing he lost :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't condone time wasting, but look at your own captain and your own country before insulting Ganguly. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Why? What did Ricky "holier than thou" Ponting do?

And he really is holy, I bow down to him every morning and night, dont you??! ;)

PY

International Coach
Jono said:
I don't condone time wasting, but look at your own captain and your own country before insulting Ganguly. What a bunch of hypocrites.
I don't bow down to Yorkies on principle. :D

Thelwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
krkode said:
Including that ***y ODI average of 40+, eh?
Shame he cant pull a ball.

"I don't condone time wasting, but look at your own captain and your own country before insulting Ganguly. What a bunch of hypocrites"

When Michael Vaughan is fined for a slow over rate, let me know.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Thelwell said:
When Michael Vaughan is fined for a slow over rate, let me know.
He will do that when he gets into the same position that Ganguly got in the other day like 5 overs to go and the rain drizling and with it set to increase any time to stop play. Any captain who has team interest in his heart would try to slow down to let it start raining before 25 overs are completed b'coz if it started raining after 25 overs then Aus would win by D/W. Was it any worse than that McGrath bowling wides during that last Aus-Nz last test match when NZ were cruising. I am only mentioning it b'coz it is the only relative example i am able to recollect at the present moment. It has happened lots of times and it is the correct thing of the captain to do and so no reason for such harsh criticism.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Thelwell said:
Shame he cant pull a ball.
If that were true, it's a bit late for you Aussies to be finding that out now. Ya know after he already scored an awesome ton in the first test and then played a great ODI knock in game 1 at Melbourne.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Ganguly deserved to be fined, his time wasting was so balatantly obvious eg. Cleaning his shoes when he pleases, wasting time in the process.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
All of you ppl who are against Ganguly should realise one thing-he is one of the best ODI batsmen going around at the moment. As Krkode said, numbers don't lie and if his average is over 43...it is there because of a reason.

Apart from his batting, he has instilled a killer spirit in the Indian team and this has given rise to their self belief. Ganguly deserves a lot of credit for what he has done and let me tell you, its not an easy thing to captain India.

Pls look at my signature :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ReallyCrazy said:
All of you ppl who are against Ganguly should realise one thing-he is one of the best ODI batsmen going around at the moment.
What relevance does that have to this debate though?

Because he's a good (but not IMO one of the best) ODI batsmen, does that excuse his tactics?

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I can't help but think that if Ganguly were Australian, he would be being praised to the rooftops.
Australians appreciate people who play the game hard and fair. Ganguly crosses the line at times. But he has done wonderful things for the Indian team.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:

and, ganguly has been slow with his over rates the whole summer, gone against his own word in a friendly match - though he was punished for that one, and questioned or mouthed off about umpires decisions countlessly and openly, when he should just walk back to his mark or fielding position.

ponting on the other hand.....:S:S:S

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
mavric41 said:
Australians appreciate people who play the game hard and fair. Ganguly crosses the line at times. But he has done wonderful things for the Indian team.
Clearly, Australians never cross the line, ever.