• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 Draft

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't very attentive. I wanted to go for (Kapil + Compton + Ambrose + Flintoff), but didn't notice that Ambrose was picked earlier.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
With the budget I spent on Sutcliffe + O'Reilly, I could have picked Richard Hadlee to partner with Trueman. Don't know what would have been better.

Last edited:

longranger

U19 Cricketer
My Shadow XI:

Graham Gooch^
Virender Sehwag
Colin Cowdrey
Stephen Fleming^
Clive Lloyd*^
Ian Botham (4)
Kapil Dev (3)
Mark Boucher+
Saqlain Mushtaq (5)
Waqar Younis (1)
James Anderson (2)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Is howe miffed that he got last spot in two successive draws? I noticed that too, but it was really random!

Will create the poll on Saturday afternoon or evening, India time. Thanks everyone for participating. Hope you had fun.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
You must have put in many hours to fill out all those tables and keep things rolling. Thanks.
Actually, recording all picks on a Google spreadsheet is no hard work. And copying from Google spreadsheet to a post here on desktop Chrome browser, keeps all the formatting intact. It is really easy and can make draft progress tracking very clutter free. (The formatting is not however retained if you do the copying on a mobile or tablet)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Saeed Anwar
Bill Lawry
Daryll Cullinan
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Dilip Vengsarkar
Faf du Plessis
Adam Gilchrist (c)
Shaun Pollock
Harold Larwood
Allan Donald
Lance Gibbs

It would be amazing to watch Donald and Larwood bowl together. The batting might look weak but it isn't at all. Anwar and Lawry opening, Vengsarkar and Inzamam in the middle and Gilchrist and Pollock and the end. This team would make around 350 and bowl the opposition out for less. When you don't have a genuine 5th bowler, Lance Gibbs is the kind of 4th bowler you want. When Gibbs is really tired, du Plessis can come in to twirl in 3-4 overs. Over all, I am happy with the team as it has individuality and character. In tough match situations, I reckon they would show their strength to come through.