• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in India 2014

Bandage23

Cricket Spectator
His stance is horrendous, his bat face closes virtually every time he tries to play a drive, but the worst thing is his shot selection. It's just embarassing the shots he plays and gets out to sometimes.

I don't know why you say Rohit's technique is worse. I think it's fine, he just spoils it by being extremely stupid.
Its not that Rohits technique is bad. We didn't say that. The only thing we wanted to convey is that Rayudu's technique and short selection isn't bad.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rayudu is a far more refined batsman technique wise than some of these ODI wonders who largely benefit from mammoth bats. Rayudu mostly hits the ball off the middle and is far better equipped to last in more challenging conditions. A lot of times the shots Rayudu has played in T20 cricket has been because of the limitation on the number of overs. Every one does that tbh.

Watch him bat in a first class game or today where he has come at 3 and has enough time and see how he is batting. This is not to say that I don't think Rayudu can do a job at 4/5. If he is a bit more assured of his spot, he will. Has the game for it.

Some one in the management obviously is thinking on Rayudu being a genuine option and having him bat higher up to give him time to perform.

Bandage23

Cricket Spectator
According to me, the best place for Rayudu should be no 3. So that he can face more deliveries. He can also be a good finisher as he had done it in the past for the resplendent Mumbai Indians.

anil1405

International Captain
Rayudu looks pretty assured at the crease today... and as suggested by Pratters he is good when he comes in early. I'd probably have him at no.4 behind Kohli for the WC.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Rayudu is such an odd batsmen, he plays like a hack most of the time and in between that he occasionally pulls off some seriously good shots. Makes you wonder why he can't do it more often.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rayudu is such an odd batsmen, he plays like a hack most of the time and in between that he occasionally pulls off some seriously good shots. Makes you wonder why he can't do it more often.
Haha yeah exactly how I feel too.

Good knock today, though. I won't be truly convinced by him anytime soon, but fair chops.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Congrats to india , deserved victory they batted really well and glad for rayudu getting his first odi ton too.. Now to us, we need yo find some teeth with our bowling. Yes I know we are missing malinga, herath, lakmal, Eranga and Pradeep BUT we don't seem to have any bite with our second string bowlers...something HAS to change...

Bandage23

Cricket Spectator
Congrats to Team India for their 2nd victory! India now lead the series 2-0! Well done Rayudu!

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmmmmmmm.... he did OK.
Yes he played well, I never said he's not a good player, but I've never been a big fan of players who's approach has been "let me play myself in and I'll make up for it later". Rayudu and Rohit sharma are players who use that approach. If those guys can make up for their generally low S/R on a consistent basis in ODIs then sure fair play to them, but If they can't then they will always be criticized by me personally.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good show Rayudu.

Funnily this just goes to show why we need to drop him if we want to keep using him at number 5. He is the kind that needs time in the middle without too much pressure, and so his best bet is number 3 and 4. Dropping Kohli from number 3 is stupid because he may literally turn out to be the best number 3 in history and is a far better batsman than Rayudu at that position. Now it all comes down to number 4. I would support Rayudu at number 4 with Raina at 5, but it increasingly looks like the Indian management looks set to have Raina at 4. And we need someone better at his job than Rayudu at 5 or below.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah harsh is spot on imo. Like I said before, he's a good batsman, but we can simply do better.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Kohli talked after the match yesterday how he told Rayudu what he is getting now is some thing he deserved 12 years ago. He said that he wanted to promote him at 3 just like Dhoni promoted him at 3 initially. He said that once you get runs under your belt, you can bat at various positions but it is important right now to back a player like Rayudu.

Was so impressed with these words and that such line of thinking exists.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli talked after the match yesterday how he told Rayudu what he is getting now is some thing he deserved 12 years ago. He said that he wanted to promote him at 3 just like Dhoni promoted him at 3 initially. He said that once you get runs under your belt, you can bat at various positions but it is important right now to back a player like Rayudu.

Was so impressed with these words and that such line of thinking exists.
First post of yours that I have liked since your mysterious recent arrival.

cnerd123

likes this
Is no one up for Pujara in the ODI lineup?

I'd really like the look of

Rohit/Dhawan
Rahane
Kohli
Pujara
Raina/Rohit
MSD
Jadeja