• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in India 2014

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
In Australia, technique will be important and I would prefer Rayudu to Rohit Sharma at 4. I hope he gets a few knocks in this series with enough overs to spare to make a decent hundred.

In England, he made runs in the 2-3 chances he got. I hope the selectors see that the World Cup will be held in Australia.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowlers looked a bit underdone at times, missing some experience too, nice to see Randiv pick up some wickets though, suspect we won't make this chase save for a very good innings or two, Tharanga really struggling for rhythm, he can be very dangerous if he gets going and bats for a while though, hope he sticks around

cnerd123

likes this
Rohit's got a very good technique, I'd definitely prefer him opening to Dhawan in Aus/NZ.

Having said that, I see it as very likely that India will field a lineup of Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli, Rohit, Raina, MSD, Jadeja come WC time. And honestly that's not bad at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good to see Varun Aaron hitting 153 on the speed gun
Funky username.

Aaron has injured himself. Overstretched himself maybe. I wish there were proper trainers and coaches involved with these bowlers. It shouldn't be too difficult given the amount of money the BCCI has. Sigh.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
OMG, just turned this back on as had to do some work and seen the scorecard:wacko: we just got ourback doors smashed in..congrats to India...I havent seen the wickets(dont think i would want to either lol) but there isnt any excuse for a lacklustre effort on a wicket that certainly didnt look that difficult to bat on when in the first innings..must do better boys..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I had to pick any 2 players to bat in a super over, I would honestly consider Thisara Perera. Dude's got a great eye.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
That was pretty comprehensive, it's what the pressure of a big score does, think we needed to get off to a flier to get close tbh

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i would have liked to see thirrimane at 5(i know he hasnt been selected but i honestly think he is a better option at 5 than prasana.) other option i suppose is kusal to open and move tharanga down to 5..

Lostman

State Captain
Tharanga failing is good, we can finally get rid of him for the WC.
He can go back to scoring runs in A-tours because he is just not an international standard player.
Having said all this he will probably edge his way to a 50/100 in the next 3 games.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Tharanga failing is good, we can finally get rid of him for the WC.
He can go back to scoring runs in A-tours because he is just not an international standard player.
Having said all this he will probably edge his way to a 50/100 in the next 3 games.
the scorebook has the same score irrespective of how the runs are scored..the problem with him imo is that he has the talent but doesnt seem to want to apply himself to become consistent...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tharanga played and missed so many balls. A shame really as a few years back it looked like he could play for SL in ODI cricket at least.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Tharanga has a big technical error related to his head position that means he falls over a lot and plays at balls he doesn't need to, the fact that he opens the batting exacerbates these issues, if he moved down the order in both ODI and test cricket I'd back him to do ok, he is immensely talented. Thirrimanne is currently playing quite well for the 'A' team and he should be left to keep doing that to build his confidence so he can have another go during the England tour, same with Chandiguns.