Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: ***Official*** Indian Domestic Season 2014/15

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar

***Official*** Indian Domestic Season 2014/15

Duleep Trophy Finals going on and Ranji Trophy to start soon.

Have been watching today. Robin Bist looks like a solid player. Technically sound and can play shots too.

Seriously though, what's up with the pacers? They used to bowl in 130s but now all are down to 120s. Vinay Kumar, Mithun, Sharath. FFS.

Suicide Bob Champion!
    Been eating too much biryani during the off season probably

South 308/4 (69.0 ov, KL Rahul 168*, GH Vihari 38*, Jalaj S Saxena 1/49) - Stumps | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

South Zone in command after day 2 of the final

South Zone - 308-4 (KL Rahul 138*, Uthappa 80; Pankaj Singh 3-55)
    Central Zone - 276 (R Bist 79; B Aparijith 2-26, P Ojha 2-49)

Watched most of the day's play.

KL Rahul is so sound technically. Made his highest score in FC cricket yet 160 or so not out and has a chance to make his first double ton tomorrow. I can see him playing for India within the next 12 months maximum.

Ishwar Pandey bowled well without much luck. Is some one to watch out for in the future.

One of the weirdest things from the Star broadcast was two commentators - one in hindi and one in english all day. Seriously?
    Last edited by Pratters; 30-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.

So thats two hundreds in the final for Rahul....and he is scoring this one at almost run a ball.

Rahul is a stroke maker. The best part about KL Rahul's shots is that he doesn't slog them. Is a batsman in the classical style. The loops of his strokes are smaller like his namesake as compared to a Tendulkar. Doesn't stop him from making runs fast as despite his attention to 'correctness', he is always looking to make runs where the opportunity arises. And they arise aplenty in these games as the bowlers are not as disciplined as test bowlers. After a great last season, the guy looks more confident in his stroke play too. I am seeing him hit far more drives, cuts and pulls compared to before.

South Zone's batting collapses and despite two centuries by KL Rahul, they end up losing by 9 runs. The batting collapses in the semi in Dharamshala and now this makes me think the batting techniques have declined a fair bit.

Suicide Bob Champion!
    Those last two wickets appear to be from utterly brainless shots judging by the commentary

Has any one seen Basant Mohanty bowl? Is taking wickets fairly consistently. Had a pretty good Duleep Trophy game and took 3 of the Bengal top order in the ensuing Vijay Hazare Trophy.

Pujara scored 138 off 129 balls but in a losing cause as Mumbai chased down 279. The star? Wasim Jaffer with 84 off 67 balls. He might be 36 but doesn't stop him from being a Mumbai powerhouse. Got to 4000 List A runs. '

Rujul Bhatt starred with 89 off 62 balls as Gujarat chased down 313. His 5th 50 in 9 List A games.

That's just the West Zone. Which so many games every day, difficult to keep track.

Good to see some activity here. I don't have any stream right now because the local cable operator has blocked STAR channels, yet again. Greedy organised racketeers!

This is really sad. Because of the conflict between BCCI and RCA, Rajasthan players' future is uncertain, to the point that one of them has shifted base to a team that's not only underperforming, but also possibly low on talent and certainly poorly managed. A step down, indeed.

Has anyone noticed how often the order of scheduling of the Hazare Trophy and several other non-Ranji events keeps getting tossed around? November already, no Ranji match yet!
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Has anyone noticed how often the order of scheduling of the Hazare Trophy and several other non-Ranji events keeps getting tossed around? November already, no Ranji match yet!
    I know man. Would be better to have just 3 main tournaments Ranji, Domestic ODI and possibly domestic T20.

Ranji should essentially be 3 divisions imo with promotion/relegation.

"I want to raise my hand and say one thing. Those who complain about my love for the game or commitment to the game are clueless. These are the only 2 areas where I give myself 100 out of 100."
    - Sachin Tendulkar, as told in an interview published in Bengali newspaper Anandabazar Patrika after his 100th International century (translated by weldone)

Suicide Bob Champion!

Very happy to see Ashish Reddy doing well, he has the potential to be a good pace bowling all rounder, hope he continues his form.

I think we have some pretty decent pace bowling allrounders in the domestic circuit. But don't see any initiatives from the BCCI or selectors to groom them or make them ready for the next level.
    Last edited by karan316; 11-11-2014 at 12:39 PM.
    Is this your homework Larry?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information