• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shakib makes such a difference, have they shortened the ban as I thought he was out till just before the world cup?

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Shakib has a 5 wicket haul against every test playing nation bar Australia whom he hasn't even played yet. This is his 35th test and he currently has 12 five-wicket hauls. Pitch is too bowling friendly for a first day game I feel. Curator may have made a mistake as I don't think test will barely go into the 4th day unless weather permitting.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This pitch seems a huge improvement on the usual crap Bangladesh pitches that offer nothing to anyone

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was the pitch really that bad, didn't watch any, looks like all the Zims got in then got out.

In the end Shakib is class, there's a lot of doughty stuff with the Zims, but there isn't much quality.

Flametree

International 12th Man
Was the pitch really that bad, didn't watch any, looks like all the Zims got in then got out.

In the end Shakib is class, there's a lot of doughty stuff with the Zims, but there isn't much quality.
A few certainly did a lot. Shakib got Chakabva with a length ball that hit the batsman's gloves practically in front of his nose. But I agree with Maximas - I'll take this over the usual low slow tracks. Even the seamers got a little zip off the pitch from time to time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the pitch kind of lends to that a bit; every so often a ball just did something absurd. Definitely pretty tricky for a Day 1 Bangladesh wicket anyway.

Daemon

Nice bit of fielding there. Without Shakib Bangladesh might not even get a lead here.

BeeGee

International Captain
Fascinatingly poised.

Sounds like Bangladesh need some practice running between the wickets/bat grounding.

OverratedSanity

Shakib now has a 5fer against every country he's played against. Just needs a test against Australia now for the complete set :wub: