• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, that's a big shift of the goal-posts though as most of the all rounders I instantly thought of were pace bowlers.

Without looking at stats, Jayasuriya is comfortably a better ODI all-rounder than Shakib for mine,

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tamim's record in one-sayers is pretty poor isn't it? Would have thought it would be his forte.

cnerd123

likes this
Zimbers have packed their lineup with allrounders today. 298 to win and an early wicket down, but they may have the firepower to fight back.

Shakib with 40 off 33 ftr.

cnerd123

likes this
Comfortable win for BD; seals the series for them too.

Shakib 1/19 in 7 overs, but the stars were Anamul Haq with 95 and Arafat Sunny with 4/27. Chigumbura 53* off 46 at the end.

Good stuff from BD. Nice to get a few wins under the belt with the WC looming. Mortaza, Rubel and Shaiful have been good with the ball, which is heartening considering the conditions for the WC won't be as helpful to their army of spinners.

Julian87

State Captain
The Prince of EWS was right about the Zimbo coaching staff. Absolutely deluded and never picking the right players.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Having looked at the highlights of the Bangladeshi innings and the first little bit of the Zimbabwe innings it seems these guys didn't get the memo, you wouldn't know anything has happened, crowd, players and commentators all going on as normal but I didn't watch the start

cnerd123

likes this
They had a minute of silence at the start.

Wouldn't hit these guys as hard; they haven't played much, or if at all, with Hughes.

Excellent innings by Mushy and Mahmadullah tho.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Having looked at the highlights of the Bangladeshi innings and the first little bit of the Zimbabwe innings it seems these guys didn't get the memo, you wouldn't know anything has happened, crowd, players and commentators all going on as normal but I didn't watch the start
Meh, no memo to get really. If they're not subdued and feeling different then that's okay. No point pretending if they're not overly affected by it.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I didn't mean to imply they should be feeling a certain way, in fact I'm glad they aren't, was just trying to state the massive difference in intensity between the two games going on today

Habib

Cricket Spectator
having looked at the highlights of the bangladeshi innings and the first little bit of the zimbabwe innings it seems these guys didn't get the memo, you wouldn't know anything has happened, crowd, players and commentators all going on as normal but i didn't watch the start
Mashrafe+1.jpg10425876_575598235873383_7343881364094763977_n.jpg199409.jpg199411.jpg
There you go.

Here you will find the reaction of our senior players: http://www.*************.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=45304&page=2

The mood was quite sombre at the start of the match. Even though BD players haven't played that much against Phil Hughes, they were understanbly shocked to lose a fellow cricketer and they talked about it to the local media. In fact Mashrafe actually said in favor of banning the bouncer. Also, it brought back memory of the late Indian cricketer Raman Lamba who died fielding at short leg in a DPL match long time ago. Shakib played under Phil Hughes's captaincy before in Adelaide Strikers, so he was the most affected.
The commentators frequently mentioned Phil Hughes and expressed their condolences and there were plenty of banners respecting his memory in the gallery as well.
Anyhow, there is no better healer in this case than playing a cricket match.

Last edited:

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
So Zimbabwe lost all the matches on this tour and that too against Bangladesh. Looks like Zimbabwe will never be invited by a G8 team again and also less matches for them and more matches for Bangladesh. Another whitewash by Bangladesh. They whitewashed NZ last year didn't they? I reckon Bangladesh can now win ODI series against most non Asian teams at home now due to their quality spin attack.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
View attachment 21606View attachment 21607View attachment 21608View attachment 21609
There you go.

Here you will find the reaction of our senior players: http://www.*************.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=45304&page=2

The mood was quite sombre at the start of the match. Even though BD players haven't played that much against Phil Hughes, they were understanbly shocked to lose a fellow cricketer and they talked about it to the local media. In fact Mashrafe actually said in favor of banning the bouncer. Also, it brought back memory of the late Indian cricketer Raman Lamba who died fielding at short leg in a DPL match long time ago. Shakib played under Phil Hughes's captaincy before in Adelaide Strikers, so he was the most affected.
The commentators frequently mentioned Phil Hughes and expressed their condolences and there were plenty of banners respecting his memory in the gallery as well.
Anyhow, there is no better healer in this case than playing a cricket match.
Welcome to CW Habib. That was a good first post.