• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** South Africa in New Zealand

Athlai

Not Terrible
Is Vettori playing? Not bad odds if he is considering it's against Saffa, 150ao with a fighting 30-40 is definitely on.

Cheeky dollar there wouldn't be awful.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Henry, sort of an Anderson/Neesham option they say. Mills definitely in the best pre-season form though ftr.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He's 5.50 now haha.
Honestly I'm starting to see how you could make a career out of this. Wouldn't be something I'd particularly enjoy but the fact they hadn't picked up that Neesham was going to open before that cricinfo article is a prime example.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
If Cribbage does want to make a career out of it, I do have some Aussie dollars I'd like to send him. Get the feeling that even after he's fleeced me through his management fees and a convoluted short-term incentive scheme, he'd probably send back a 10-20% return to NZ every year.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm not worried about Brownlie's ability to play this attack. He has a test ton against them. What I am worried about is he tends to bat in his own little world. In tests this is fine since he can stick to his zones but in ODIs his strike rate could go all over the show.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I've actually put a little cash on Brownlie as top NZ scorer at the TAB. Was paying best odds i
if NZ btrs, and will presumably bat at 3. Had a good A tour.

The case against; has a terrible white ball record in international cricket, and until 6 months ago had a terrible white ball record at all levels.

BTW. In a hopeless punter, so this isn't a tip.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Surprisingly, this match is being live streamed on the NZ TAB website. Surprising due to TV rights. Usually don't get local sport covered by sky.

So if you are in NZ and without Sky. This is a legal live stream.

Need a TAB account though, and a positive balance.

GGG

State Captain
Shown on Unibet as well by the looks of it, same applies, need a positive balance.

BeeGee

International Captain
McC and Henry are out. BOO!
I'm assuming there will be a lot of bowler rotation in this series. It'll be interesting to see how Boult goes. If the ball isn't swinging it could get ugly for him.

Last edited:

Blain

U19 Captain
Guptill, Neesham, Brownlie, Brendon McCullum, Anderson, Latham, Ronchi, Vettori, Nathan McCullum, Boult, Mills.

Fugly bowling unit imo! No attacking seamer is odd, with 2 defensive spinners especially.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I really hope Latham isn't being pigeon-holed as a middle order player. Him batting after McCullum is not a good move IMO. He'd be our best cover for opening batsman and/or number 3.

BeeGee

International Captain
Guptill, Neesham, Brownlie, Brendon McCullum, Anderson, Latham, Ronchi, Vettori, Nathan McCullum, Boult, Mills.

Fugly bowling unit imo! No attacking seamer is odd, with 2 defensive spinners especially.
The batting lineup isn't that attractive either, with three unproven batsmen in the top five. Looks like a "give the WC squad reserves a game" XI.