• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's 2nd Best Batsman

watson

Banned
Hayden's overall SR was 60.10, and his SR against RSA was 54.35. After 19 Tests against RSA he averaged 43.70.

Not quite up to Warner's 73/85 mark.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Warner is such a gun.

Most probably the best opener in world cricket atm

Gob

International Coach
warner has been good for a longer period but given the way smith improved his game over the past year or so along with his amazing work ethic,i cant fathom how good he could end up being.

Red

The pair of them are pretty comforting because I thought our batting was pretty much ****ed a couple of years ago.

watson

Banned
The pair of them are pretty comforting because I thought our batting was pretty much ****ed a couple of years ago.
Without a half-way decent 3 or 4 it still is.

Edit: Just seen that Alex Doolan made an innings saving century at No.3 against PAK A. Nice.

Last edited:

Red

Is Smith a possibility of batting at #3 in tests or is it better to leave him at #5?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner. You can't just score 5 scores above 50 in a row against South Africa in South Africa being crap.
Phil Hughes says hi.

Edit:

Ok, he didn't quite manage 5 + 50 scores in a row, but near as damn it.....75, 115, 160, 33, 32.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Phil Hughes says hi.

Edit:

Ok, he didn't quite manage 5 + 50 scores in a row, but near as damn it.....75, 115, 160, 33, 32.
But that's ancient history now. The difference between Warner and Hughes is that Warner has a technique suited to Test cricket and Hughes doesn't.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact that Brad Haddin was the right answer to this question before the MitchAshes is weirdly comforting. Gives me hope that India will have a pace bowling version of Warner/Smith by the end of next year.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If the question means 2nd best ever it's a toss up between Archie Jackson and Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan's secret love child Rudy.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Phil Hughes says hi.

Edit:

Their bowling attack now is way better than it was back then, and more importantly Warner happened this year rather than 5 years ago.

I'm sure back then everyone thought Hughes was gonna be a monster. Warner's at least old enough and got more of a solid Test career behind him that he won't bust.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact that Brad Haddin was the right answer to this question before the MitchAshes is weirdly comforting. Gives me hope that India will have a pace bowling version of Warner/Smith by the end of next year.
The epitome of false hope.