• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to India in Australia 2014/15

So, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dermo

International Vice-Captain
definitely pick lyon, his form in the UAE is irrelevant, he's a completely different bowler in australia, especially at the gabba with the bounce

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suppose Lyon will do alright when the rest of the bowlers around him are piling on the pressure.

OverratedSanity

We're losing every test as long as Johnson plays. Keep Harris for the first 2 tests to secure the series and then try out everyone else to win slightly less convincingly.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My team for the first test:

Dhawan
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Ishant
Shami

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
Rahul ahead of Vijay? Although we are excited about this young lad its not gonna happen with this team management

I would love to see Umesh ahead of Shami. Brisbane pitch should suit Umesh more.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
My team for the first test:

Dhawan
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Saha
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Ishant
Shami
Disagree on 2 counts - I definitely would not drop M Vijay as the opener and there is no way KL Rahul gets to open in Australia unless there is an injury to either of the openers. And if any opener has to be dropped, it will be Dhawan.

I don't feel that strongly about the second one, but IMO Shami is a terrific ODI bowler and not really suited for Tests. Having seen him live at Lord's this summer, I just get the feeling that he's slightly lazy and gets a bit tired during a full day of boring. Yadav should be a good shout for the WACA

Daemon

I want Ashwin to play as well, did ok with the bat the last time we were here..

OverratedSanity

Yeah, Jadeja should only play home tests from now on. The spinners spot should be between Ashwin and Ojha, and since Ashwin did bowl slightly better as the England tour went on, he deserves a crack in Australia.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
india have to play yadav, can see kumar and shami getting smoked once the ball stops swinging

ishant will go the distance to if his pace is around 130km

I'd go kumar, yadav and would consider aaron ahead of ishant

Daemon

Shami hasn't been bowling well so he's definitely going to sit out the first game imo. He didn't play the last two tests in England as well.

Ishant can't be dropped now, he had a good year tbf to him and so did Kumar. So it's between Yadav and Aaron, and I think Yadav will likely get the nod. If nothing else at least the SL series let the selectors know he was bowling well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
remember when Shami was good*? Miss those days.

* by Indian fast bowling standards.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya I think Dhawan is better for Australian conditions than Vijay (Vijay is better in England). Dhawan and Vijay will open in the 1st test surely, but I was picking my team. Ashwin is a proven failure in Australia, so I wouldn't go with him in the first test. Between Shami and Yadav, I don't mind anyone really. All 4 pacers will be tested at some point in the series anyways, but no Aaron please.

OverratedSanity

remember when Shami was good*? Miss those days.

All went downhill after Dhoni forgot he existed on day 5 in Johannesburg.

* by Indian fast bowling standards.
All went downhill after Dhoni forgot he existed in Johannesburg.

anil1405

International Captain
Ishant, Bhuvi and Umesh should be the seam attack in Brisbane...would be gutted if Umesh is not picked.

eroticfishcake

U19 Vice-Captain
Reckon Kohli might go in with 4 pacers +/- Ashwin,he seems to be the opposite of Dhoni when it comes to the quicks.Probably as he doesn't have to keep himself