• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to India in Australia 2014/15

So, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teja.

Global Moderator
Read today on cricinfo that India is the only side to have won more than they lost vs. Australia in the last two decades. 16 wins, 14 losses.

Every other team not only has lost more but have thoroughly atrocious records. England has the next best record with 30 L, 16 W.

India to lose 3-0 this time though.

Valer

First Class Debutant
India will win Floor((#games harris doesn't play) /2) tests.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Last time India tried to play 4 quicks it was a disaster. Plus we need Ashwin or Jadeja at 8. So it will either be 1 spinner 3 quicks and Raina/Dhawan/Vijay, or 2 spinners and 3 quicks.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A bit of analysis on side for Aus here and here.

Dravid backs KL Rahul as the third opener for Australia. I did a bit of analysis of him in the Indian Domestic thread.

4 quicks in a game in Australia would be a disaster for India. Aussies play quicks well, Indian quicks are not very good. You want to play a spinner and 3 quicks and hope one of them doesn't start bowling short seeing the bounce for easy hooks and pulls.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Read today on cricinfo that India is the only side to have won more than they lost vs. Australia in the last two decades. 16 wins, 14 losses.

Every other team not only has lost more but have thoroughly atrocious records. England has the next best record with 30 L, 16 W.

India to lose 3-0 this time though.
Would say that's because India and Australia are the two teams that are most heavily affected by whether they're playing at home or not, which has led to a pretty even score in the grand scheme of things, which is better than most sides could do.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I'm not so sure if an Australian white-wash will happen - let's not forget that Australia was completely humiliated in the test series in the UAE. I accept that their team is not at all suited for the sub-continent, and will play to their strengths in Australia, but some of their flaws will still remain. The issues they have:
- Clarke's form: Had a terrible tour, is only averaging 29.40 in 2014
- Over-reliance on Mitch. The supporting cast of Siddle, Starc and Marsh are in mediocre form
- Apart from the first hour of the first match, Australia were not even competitive. It's rare to bounce back from a white-wash loss and reverse it to a white-wash victory.

On the other hand, I feel some optimism for India's chances:
- Virat Kohli: Looks to have recovered his form, and let's face it - he probably won't ever have a series as bad as England 2014 ever again
- India's fast bowling options of Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Aaron and Yadav should do well in Australia
- I personally feel that England is the toughest destination for India batsmen because of the seam and movement. Anderson completed ripped through our top order match after match with those beautiful swingers outside the off-stump. Australian pitches will have more pace and bounce but in batsmen like Vijay, Rahane and Pujara, I feel there is enough technique to handle this.

I'm going to stick my neck out and call a series draw.

howardj

International Coach
My Aussie Team for the Gabba

Warner
Hughes
Watson
Clarke
Smith
Marsh
Neville
Johnson
Hazlewood
Sayers
Harris

I'd like to move beyond Rogers, Starc, Haddin and Siddle

Chaddy Sayers has smashed the selection door of its hinges - his stats are box office

Valer

First Class Debutant
- Over-reliance on Mitch. The supporting cast of Siddle, Starc and Marsh are in mediocre form
Ryan Harris and Shane Watson are likely to play the first test. Yes the Australian attack is reliant on Harris but I'd expect him to play most of the tests. If we play the same team(s) as we had on the UAE tour I could see it being close.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not so sure if an Australian white-wash will happen - let's not forget that Australia was completely humiliated in the test series in the UAE. I accept that their team is not at all suited for the sub-continent, and will play to their strengths in Australia, but some of their flaws will still remain. The issues they have:
- Clarke's form: Had a terrible tour, is only averaging 29.40 in 2014
- Apart from the first hour of the first match, Australia were not even competitive. It's rare to bounce back from a white-wash loss and reverse it to a white-wash victory.

On the other hand, I feel some optimism for India's chances:
- Virat Kohli: Looks to have recovered his form, and let's face it - he probably won't ever have a series as bad as England 2014 ever again
- India's fast bowling options of Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Aaron and Yadav should do well in Australia
- I personally feel that England is the toughest destination for India batsmen because of the seam and movement. Anderson completed ripped through our top order match after match with those beautiful swingers outside the off-stump. Australian pitches will have more pace and bounce but in batsmen like Vijay, Rahane and Pujara, I feel there is enough technique to handle this.

I'm going to stick my neck out and call a series draw.
Yeah ranger, way to go. I will nurse my neck for now. It's still got bruises from the English summer. Join you after India's emphatic first test win.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Seems Dhoni will be missing the first test match according to news channel. Also it seems Karn Sharma and KL Rahul are included in test squad

eroticfishcake

U19 Vice-Captain
BCCI ‏@BCCI
Team for Aus Tests - Part I : MSD (C), Virat, Shikhar, Vijay, KL Rahul, Pujara, Rahane, Rohit, Raina

Team for Aus Tests - Part II : Saha, Naman, Ashwin, Karn, Jadeja, Bhuvi, Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Aaron #AusvsInd

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
fml.

12.1 Johnson to Raina, OUT, Short ball, need I say anymore.
Suresh Raina hit wicket b Johnson 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

India 24/5