• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to India in Australia 2014/15

So, who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Will Harris be back for this?

Be interesting too to see if MJ can keep his renaissance going. Fair to say if he is on fire then it's hard to see any other outcome bar 4-0.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Harris be back for this?

Be interesting too to see if MJ can keep his renaissance going. Fair to say if he is on fire then it's hard to see any other outcome bar 4-0.
I don't know. I know Patto probably won't be though.

If Johnson bowls like he has over the last 12 months he'll average 10 IMO.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
If MJ fires then 4 nil looks on. If he has Harris or Patto to help then it will be carnage.

adub

International Captain
It's pretty hard to see India winning a test even if Johnson, Harris and Patto all catch Ebola. Their batting ain't got players of the calibre that managed to square series here before. They'll be as out of their depth in the conditions as Australia were in India last year. Any combination of Johnson, Harris, Pattinson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Starc, Bollinger, Bird, Hazlewood, Cummins, Coulter-Nile, Sayers, Richardson, Behrendorff and probably half a dozen other quicks would be able to knock out 20 Indian wickets here on all but the flattest of flat Adelaide decks. It's much harder to see where India is going to get it's 20 wickets from. The extent of injuries to our quicks will only determine the margin in each test, not the result unless at least 3 Indian bats really step up big time.

Burgey

Kohli will be India's best batsman. He's scored runs among the carnage here before. I'm looking forward to seeing how Pujara goes as well. He looks a fine player.

I just don't know how the Wheel of Mediocrity will take 20 wickets here. Forget the finger spinners having any impact. CA must have warmed their hearts to India. Not having a Perth test early in the tour has saved a few broken bones and shattered confidences.

Gob

International Coach
It's pretty hard to see India winning a test even if Johnson, Harris and Patto all catch Ebola. Their batting ain't got players of the calibre that managed to square series here before. They'll be as out of their depth in the conditions as Australia were in India last year. Any combination of Johnson, Harris, Pattinson, Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Starc, Bollinger, Bird, Hazlewood, Cummins, Coulter-Nile, Sayers, Richardson, Behrendorff and probably half a dozen other quicks would be able to knock out 20 Indian wickets here on all but the flattest of flat Adelaide decks. It's much harder to see where India is going to get it's 20 wickets from. The extent of injuries to our quicks will only determine the margin in each test, not the result unless at least 3 Indian bats really step up big time.
Ryan Harris will play through Ebola.

morgieb

Yeah, I don't think what's happened this series will be really relevant for home conditions, but there'll be some kneejerkers out there. Probably less so on this board though.

Simply put, our batting struggles with spin (well, certain parts of our batting) and our bowling isn't suited to these conditions. We'll get conditions favoured to how we bowl here, which should nullify our spin weaknesses.

Makes our hopes in defending the Ashes tougher though IMO.

Spark

Global Moderator
It would delight me to no end if India saw this series and decided to pick two spinners.

It's kind of hard to overstate just how vastly, vastly different the conditions are. Overseas spinners just get murdered in Australia unless they're seriously, seriously good at controlling flight and subtle variation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India should request this series be played in UAE due to safety concerns. Bushfire season and all that.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Wonder if anyone's tempted to change their minds now :ph34r:
Should fire your guys up more to make sure it is carnage. After watching how India feebly gave up in England I can't see them showing fight if the Aussie quicks put it up them.

Daemon

India should request this series be played in UAE due to safety concerns. Busfire season and all that.
Are the buses deliberately set on fire or do they spontaneously combust during this season?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It was our batsmen that cost us the 3 test defeats in England, and despite whatever anyone says about our bowlers, it will again come down to our batsmen to show up. I am going to be optimistic and hope that they put up a better performance on pitches that offer more pace and bounce and less swing, which is the primary reason they collapsed in England.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australia still to win, but wouldn't be surprised if India pulled off a result early in the series while Aus still trying to find their feet. Bit like the Eng-Ind series.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Kohli will be India's best batsman. He's scored runs among the carnage here before. I'm looking forward to seeing how Pujara goes as well. He looks a fine player.

I just don't know how the Wheel of Mediocrity will take 20 wickets here. Forget the finger spinners having any impact. CA must have warmed their hearts to India. Not having a Perth test early in the tour has saved a few broken bones and shattered confidences.

The wheel of mediocrity took 20 wickets in 2003 and 2008 to win tests in Oz against a batting lineup far superior to the one they will face this summer.
I don't think the current wheel of mediocrity is any worse than it was in 2003 or 2008 if anything, its probably a little better.

India's competitiveness or lack thereof will be determined by their batsmen.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The wheel of mediocrity took 20 wickets in 2003 and 2008 to win tests in Oz against a batting lineup far superior to the one they will face this summer.
I don't think the current wheel of mediocrity is any worse than it was in 2003 or 2008 if anything, its probably a little better.

India's competitiveness or lack thereof will be determined by their batsmen.
Still would be good to not have Clarke score 300 against them this series though.

OverratedSanity

Lol @ all you optimisstic Indian fans. Haven't you learnt anything from the last 5 tours? Optimism doesn't ****ing work. Gambhiring ftw