• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One-from-each-era draft 2014

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant

THE ELEVEN ERAS:-

1. The Early Years:- 1877 - 1899 (23 years).
2. The Golden Age:- 1900 - 1914 (15 years).
3. After The Big War:- 1919 - 1928 (10 years).
4. The Bradman Era:- 1929 - 1939 (11 years).
5. Post World War 2:- 1945 - 1954 (10 years).
6. Test Cricket Reinvented:- 1955 - 1964 (10 years).
7. The Sobers Era / Birth Of ODIs / SA Isolation:- 1965 - 1974 (10 years).
8. Packer Tour / Helmets / Four All-Rounders / Windies Under Lloyd:- 1975 - 1984 (10 years).
9. ODI Era / India Slowly Becomes The Business Capital / SA Back In The Fold / Third Umpire:- 1985 - 1994 (10 years).
10. Batsman's Dream /Aussies Under Taylor & Waugh / Warne - Murali Era:- 1995 - 2004 (10 years).
11. Tests In The T20 Age:- 2005 - 2014 (9 years).

THE RULES:-

1. You must have one player from each era.
2. A player should have played at east 15 tests in the era he is selected for.
3. He should have played at least 50% of the matches in his career in the era he is selected for.
4. We will, for convenience, keep Jan 01 as the start date for each era for any given year and Dec 31st as the finishing date. We will use starting dates of test matches to slot them into eras.
5. If any player's career is bisected into 14 tests each into two different eras, we will make an exception.
6. If any pre-World War 2 player's career is reduced to less than 15 tests in an era due to the division, we will make an exception and make him available for selection for the era he has played more tests in, assuming he has played more than 15 tests in his career.
7. Whoever selects Sir Don Bradman, automatically gets Ishant Sharma in the next round.

THE PARTICIPANTS:-

1. AldoRaine18
2. kingkallis
3. weldone
4. kyear2
5. Saint Kopite
6. morgieb
7. ankitj
8. Camo999
9. Coronis
10. NUFAN
11. Monk
12. bagapath (?)

Last edited:

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Will Watson, ohnoitsyou and bagapath take part in the draft? Once, they reply I will ask PEWs to randomize the order.

watson

Banned
I'm just going to sit back and see who NUFAN picks if that's OK? And what exotic team Camo comes up with this time.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Maybe I should go first then since I'm so new. But nah, I used to do drafts heaps at one point, more of a fan of the quirky ones these days, but I'll try my luck with this one.

@watson.

watson

Banned
No point in waiting any longer, so here's the unbiased and official Round 1.
Kyear is in his usual spot near the bottom and NUFAN is in the middle of the pack.
Now up to weldone to kick things off. Good luck.

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

weldone
ankitj
Monk
kingkallis
morgieb
Saint Kopite
NUFAN
bagapath (?)
Camo999
kyear2
AldoRaine18
Coronis

Timestamp: 2014-10-14 11:10:23 UTC

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant

ROUND 1:-

1. weldone:-
2. ankitj:-
3. Monk:-
4. kingkallis:-
5. morgieb:-
6. Saint Kopite:-
7. NUFAN:-
8. bagapath(?):-
9. Camo999:-
10. kyear2:-
11. AldoRaine18:-
12. Coronis:-

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
No point in waiting any longer, so here's the unbiased and official Round 1.
Kyear is in his usual spot near the bottom and NUFAN is in the middle of the pack.
Now up to weldone to kick things off. Good luck.
Becoming a notable trend.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My time doesn't officially start until someone answers my question above. It's a big question.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Also an important point to note (basically a direct consequence of the Bradman-rule) is that if someone has already selected from the last era (2005-2014), he is disqualified from selecting Bradman in a later round.

bagapath

International Captain
Three points

If a player's career is divided into three or more eras with him not playing at least half the matches of his career in any one era, the era in which he has played the most matches is his era. If he has played the same number of games in two eras, he is available for either.

If you select Bradman at any point, your selection for the current era gets reset to ishant . And your earlier selection from the present era is available for others from that point onwards.

I am in.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
If you select Bradman at any point, your selection for the current era gets reset to ishant . And your earlier selection from the present era is available for others from that point onwards.
To make sure I understand this correctly:

Case 1: Team X selects Bradman in round Y, and he hasn't selected anyone from recent era yet. He misses (Y+1) round and gets Ishant.

Case 2: Team X selects Bradman in round Y, and he has selected player Z before. He loses Z, gets Ishant and doesn't miss round (Y+1).

Right?

bagapath

International Captain
No. losing y+1 is a given at either scenario, imo.

You select Bradman. You lose next round. And get ishanth in your team irrespective of whether your current era player is already selected or not.

This also means this will be strategic question in the last two rounds if Bradman is unpicked till then.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ok. My first pick is WG Grace.

1. WG Grace (1877-1899 era)