• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

One-from-each-era draft 2014

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I haven't actually taken part in a draft for a while, so yeah if there is a spot, count me in bagapath.

Camo999

State 12th Man
I was thinking the other way, to go era by era..... defining each round. Wonder what the others think.
Up to you Bagapath but I quite like Watson's suggestion. Even if you are towards the bottom of the draft order you then still have the option of a wide choice from any era rather than having to take the 10th or 12th best player from a particular era.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Up to you Bagapath but I quite like Watson's suggestion. Even if you are towards the bottom of the draft order you then still have the option of a wide choice from any era rather than having to take the 10th or 12th best player from a particular era.
Yep.

It would involved a lot of "strategy" and not just picking the best players of that era in an order.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
We should allow everyone to choose whichever era they wanna pick from as long as they have one from each. More fun that way.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Agree with all the sentiment, stats draft turned into a bore for me because it was a glorified rank the players exercise, drafting is more than that, especially for a decade draft, which this essentially is imo.

bagapath

International Captain
okay guys... am cool with it... very keen to see how each of you plan your picks this way...

bagapath

International Captain
hahahahaha... honestly... it will be great if someone can run the draft because i am in the middle of a shoot this week and the next... now that the concept and the methodology are in place it is okay if someone does the weightlifting from here on... i will be following it keenly and enjoying it rather than delaying this whole process in the middle of my slightly hectic schedule...

if any of you can put your hand up, then start right away

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Get one of the mods to randomise a list and away we go...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Wait, the Bradman+Ishant rule and the era rule combined might mean undue advantage to person 1 in round 1.

He'll pick Bradman in round 1...and players from different eras in round 2-10 and get Ishant round 11...way too much advantage that way

Shouldn't we make it something like (Bradman+Doda Ganesh) or something?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
unless he has to skip round 2 (and get Ishant in round2)

That might be a nice rule IMO. What say guys?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Only issue with that is if Bradman gets passed in round 1. It should be hradman allowed in tje first 10 rounds and ishant is automatically selected in the round following the don.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Only issue with that is if Bradman gets passed in round 1. It should be hradman allowed in tje first 10 rounds and ishant is automatically selected in the round following the don.
Yes, let us consider this as the final rule.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
hahahahaha... honestly... it will be great if someone can run the draft because i am in the middle of a shoot this week and the next... now that the concept and the methodology are in place it is okay if someone does the weightlifting from here on... i will be following it keenly and enjoying it rather than delaying this whole process in the middle of my slightly hectic schedule...

if any of you can put your hand up, then start right away
Cool. I'll do it.

But, I need someone neutral to draw the order and then we can go.