• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Stealers Draft

Choose the three best teams.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
Feel sorry for Bagapath because Davidson - Miller - Pollock - Benaud - Tayfield is about as good as any attack on show, even if it biased toward spin a little. The only reason why the team didn't collect more votes that I can think of is that Amla and Flower probably needed someone other than Inzamam sitting between them.

01. Matthew Hayden
02. Virender Sehwag
03. Hashim Amla
04. Inzamam Ul-Haq
05. Andy Flower
06. AB de Villiers +
07. Keith Miller (3)
08. Richie Benaud *(4)
09. Alan Davidson (2)
10. Peter Pollock (1)
11. Hugh Tayfield (5)

As for my team, I think the overall bowling is strong enough but the frontline fast bowlers are all too same-ish, and probably needed better back-up than Underwood - Worrell - Dexter - Simpson. I've noticed that teams who have a good batting keeper at No.6 followed by 5 classy bowlers who can bat a bit, or teams with a 'balanced' allrounder at No.6 followed by a strong keeper batsman and No.8 tend to do well these days.

Also, I have finally come to the conclusion that Bob Simpson is vote neutral at best, and really needs a gold tier ATG beside him. Jazzing Simpson up with an attacking batsman like Fredericks probably doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'd vote for Bagapath if he had an opener who has the reputation of playing top-class pace bowling in testing conditions. I like Sehwag and Hayden, and they are good enough to fetch my vote in most other drafts, but the standard of this draft is quite high.

On a side note, Andy Flower should really be behind the wickets in that team.

watson

Banned
Thanks guys.

My first draft win.
Yeah, congrat's kyear for a very nice team! However........

March 2013: Draft League Season 5
WINNER: KYEAR
Runner-Up: Baxter
Draft Manager: Jager
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/59328-draft-league-season-5-voting-thread.html

Winning Team
01. Sunil Gavaskar
02. Alec Stewart
03. Ricky Ponting
04. Sachin Tendulkar
05. Douglas Jardine*
06. Mushtaq Mohammad
07. Mike Procter
08. Richie Benuad
09. Malcolm Marshall
10. John Maclean +
11. John Snow