• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Project Raina part 2

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Suresh Raina averages in places which offer bounce:

in Australia 26 (8 ODIs)
in NZ - 41 (8 ODIs) - 1 50 in 7 innings, though there are 2 not outs. So I won't say that's very good.
in SA - 23 (12 ODIs)
in WI - 22 (15 ODIs)

Averages 37 in England, so is okay there.
Is there bounce in WI?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raina's ability as an ODI batsman (not his career) is extremely hard to judge using stats imo. He rarely gets to build an innings and regularly misses out on roads where he can score easy runs because of the number he bats at.

cnerd123

likes this
The minute you look for containing bowlers and ****s to take over your tired bowlers is the minute you've given up on winning a test

You have to be prepared to lose to win
We've tried that. It fails. Repeatedly.

Strong starts turn into one sided hidings once the main quicks lose their steam. We need to keep them fresh to stay competitive throughout.

By all means pick Mishra if you want to be attacking; but India need two spinners to keep the quicks fresh and bowling well

anil1405

International Captain
Umesh Yadav is a key player for India in next 3-4 months. I've seen people writing him off saying he would go the same way as other Indian fast bowlers who showed promise early on. But he has maintained that pace after coming back from injury and pitches in Australia should suit his style of bowling. Keeping him fit for the WC is key. I would be disappointed if he is not picked in the playing eleven in Brisbane for the first test.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
posts like that from gnske should get you banned. If not banned, then every time you post from thereon there should be a disclaimer reminding the reader of your previous **** posts.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gun posting. :ph34r:
Puts me in my place, at least Kohli didn't let me down on the flat wicket bossing.

posts like that from gnske should get you banned. If not banned, then every time you post from thereon there should be a disclaimer reminding the reader of your previous **** posts.
56 000 posts and not a single letter of value.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Adelaide did spin on day 5 tbh. Anyway he's got as many runs as Steve Smith on the same tracks, only against an attack 5 times as good.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Really do feel bad that Raina is so **** in the longer format... But yeah, there comes a time when you need to move on... I would still give him another series down the line if he keeps doing so absurdly well at Ranji, but ideally he should be on an A tour when the first choice test side is playing a series and then see how he goes there. If he has made progress, it will show up then.

Not easy though, coz with the amount of ODIs we play and the IPL, CLT20 **** on every year, its hard to see him make an A tour side...

OverratedSanity

Nah. Will hit myself with a bat if he gets another series. Travesty that blokes like Badrinath kept getting tossed aside while Yuvraj and Raina stunk up the no. 6 slot.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be nice if he could get us a couple of wickets in the second innings with the ball :jester: