• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Domestic Off Season 2014-2015***

brockley

International Captain
If he has a British or UK,EU passport.Like Phil Jaques did 2 years ago.
When he played for Leicestershire before he was close to the Australian team,now he is virtually at the end of his career.

brockley

International Captain
ok.Just heard talk thats all.Don't think he has a career at the Redbacks next year,probably will play Big Bash with the Thunder.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Almost certain that Ronnie doesn't qualify. Clint McKay, who is their overseas signing, qualifies through ODers. McDonald is outta luck. Which is a shame. Might not ever play FC again

Seems like, from one article I read, Cooper is going over to further push his claims for a test spot. So it's not like we have to worry about losing him or whatever.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Be interesting to see what happens as he fell out of favour with Berry. With him gone, might see him get back into it, although that would mean that his body stays together.

I also recall him getting a three year contract to leave, which I think would still have one year left?

brockley

International Captain
Well he is not playing for Redbacks now,seems Redbacks on a youth policy.

On County 2nds seems only Yorkshire is playing youth,and no overseas players.And signing these youth.

Niall

International Coach
https://twitter.com/legsidelizzy

Interesting.

Bates to Essex supposedly.

Not the worst deal for anyone really. No matter how good his glovework is, his batting at the moment meant he was to much of a risk in Division One, dunno if he will get many chances next season as Foster is in good form all formats, but he is young, a season working with Foster and maybe towards the end of the season they may have a look?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe they've signed Auckland seamer Michael Bates (also MD Bates, as it happens). I'm really not sure that getting Bates and Hampshire obviously getting Wheater a couple of years back is a fair exchange overall.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Has anyone seen Luis Reece of Lancashire bowl? I know he's had knee troubles the past couple of years and so hasn't really bowled much for them. He's just taken consecutive 7 wicket hauls playing for Gosnells in Perth first grade cricket which looking at the scores of different players over the season is a decent standard. His batting hasn't been that great but purely based on his bowling figures I'd be interested to see how he goes for Lancashire this season.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Apparently we're getting Younos Khan for a short while while Finch is in the IPL, don't see why we didn't just sign him for the full season instead.

Niall

International Coach
Apparently we're getting Younos Khan for a short while while Finch is in the IPL, don't see why we didn't just sign him for the full season instead.
Not been confirmed yet I don't think but nearly certain that Pakistan will play Lanka in a series this summer as they always do.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Looking at the fixture list I reckon Ballance and Root will play at most 5 first class games for Yorkshire this season. Tbf they only played 6 and 4 games respectively last year. Bairstow and Lyth will be the worries imo for the Yorkshire hierachy. I guess they'll know soon enough whether they are heading for West Indies in April and May. Who knows what kind of team West Indies will put out for that tour given the IPL and the board/player disputes.

The Ireland England ODI on 8th May is looking pretty preposterous right now. Morgan and Bopara are allowed to play the whole IPL so they'll miss the game. Test tour in West Indies ends only a couple of days earlier (+ NZ test series starts soon after) so can't see anyone from that squad been included.

Likely be a lions squad to play Ireland. Roy, Hales, Lees, Vince, Taylor, Billings, Samit Patel, Wood, Rankin, Gurney, Jordan/Finn, Tredwell/Parry, Luke Wright, Topley/Dunn

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone seen Luis Reece of Lancashire bowl? I know he's had knee troubles the past couple of years and so hasn't really bowled much for them. He's just taken consecutive 7 wicket hauls playing for Gosnells in Perth first grade cricket which looking at the scores of different players over the season is a decent standard. His batting hasn't been that great but purely based on his bowling figures I'd be interested to see how he goes for Lancashire this season.
IIRC he used to do pretty well with the ball when he played UCCE. Took a 10fer in a county game IIRC. Shame his batting isn't going well, really could do with him getting back to form. Hoping Haseeb and Mahmood get a run this year.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
On County 2nds seems only Yorkshire is playing youth,and no overseas players.And signing these youth.
TBH Lancashire usually do alright playing guys in the seconds, we just leave them there and don't give them a chance in the first team.

only 4 of the 40 players who played for the second team were imports and they were guys who failed in the first team, Kabir, Wayne White, Jarvis, Agathangelou. Only Jarvis is still with the club so it should be better this year(although Edwards & Buck might be their replacements!). Problem sometimes is we have guys who play some first team in one days formats like Brown, Clark, Lilley, Parry who end up playing a lot of second team cricket.

Last edited: