• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Domestic Off Season 2014-2015***

Niall

International Coach
Alviro will be turning up for Lanky this year.

Virus and Ashwin in the Middle-order will be an ugly watch in my lowly opinion.

Jan should support Somerset of course, Championship win just around the corner and with the Overton's and Gregory the future of English pace bowling.

Sorry my brain is fried today, I mean Alfonso Thomas not Alviro Pieterson.:unsure:

Last edited:

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
I'm keen on seeing how Bradley Wadlan goes if he gets a county this year. I'm not suggesting that he'll blow everyone away but surely there's one spot in 18 counties for a guy who trolled everyone in zimbabwe two seasons in a row?

And I see that Nitish Kumar has joined loughborough over the winter. Hopefully this will be a useful few (3?) years for him as he'll get the odd match against county opposition

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Surprised England u19s didn't pick a leg spinner in this u19 test match in Perth. Brad Taylor(offbreak) is (going on progress at county level) probably the better allround bowler at this point but would have been nice to see Parkinson or Crane play as they've both taken some big hauls in u17 cricket/ 2nd xi cricket and got decent reputations also.

Less than a week till the championship starts. England test series starts a day later.

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
Balbs gets a game for middlesex today, and he's joined by stirling and murtagh. I'm hoping that Balbs will have a breakthrough season this summer

And Taylor (of the Brendan variety) opens in his first match for nottingham

edit: and cardiff mccu has Kamau Leverock in their ranks. Famous family name there

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James Faulkner to head over to Lancs apparently, about time he got proper red ball cricket.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Forkers should be a great signing for us after the Siddle deal got messed up by the Aussies picking him. Means we aren't likely to go in with a ridiculous tail or a batsmen at 8.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be a case of "spot the real Lancastrian" though - I expect flibberty to have something to say on the subject

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
With South African domestic season over I realized I would miss following live scorecards on Cricinfo. So I have decided to give county cricket another try and attempt following a club this season. No idea which to pick though. Any thoughts on who is going to have a thrilling season?

I tried following Surrey once based on their signing of Graeme Smith. Despite having a few (imo) cool fellows like Burns, Roy or Meaker the club doesnt appeal to me. Got recommended Somerset or Worcestershire for 2015. And Kent.
Middlesex IMO.