• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2014

Woodster

International Captain
Uh Oh!

Put 2 and 2 together...

Surely not? Just get on and play, some of those guys are millionaires, what's wrong with domestic cricketers getting a bit more money, it will be good for our development.
This would be terrible news, and not just because I've got the day off work to watch it all day tomorrow!! Let's hope common sense prevails. WI have a big enough task on their hands on the field in this series without any outside distractions potentially affecting their performances.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
This would be terrible news, and not just because I've got the day off work to watch it all day tomorrow!! Let's hope common sense prevails. WI have a big enough task on their hands on the field in this series without any outside distractions potentially affecting their performances.
Double, triple uh oh

Reading more about this, I can see their point. I'd be pretty cheesed off if I received a new contract with a salary 75% reduced a few days before the 1st ODI. Madness!

BeeGee

International Captain
Double, triple uh oh

Reading more about this, I can see their point. I'd be pretty cheesed off if I received a new contract with a salary 75% reduced a few days before the 1st ODI. Madness!
Very disappointing. But I guess if the players are getting shafted then they need to do whatever is necessary to protect their livelihood.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah...though at the same time, it seems likely that this reallocation of funds to the wider WIPA membership is a part of how the WICB intends to pay for its expanded First Class competition - a move that has been almost universally praised by WI cricket supporters.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah...though at the same time, it seems likely that this reallocation of funds to the wider WIPA membership is a part of how the WICB intends to pay for its expanded First Class competition - a move that has been almost universally praised by WI cricket supporters.
Unfortunately, it turns out this was done with no consultation with the international players. Whilst the expanded FC competition is great news, I can 100% understand our senior players being demoralised by a 75% pay cut which has been enforced without consultation a few days before the tours first international fixture.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that is shocking if true. The whole process seems to have been very slap-dash.

Flem274*

123/5
Wait, they seriously didn't tell the players what was going to happen until it happened?

Jesus, makes guys like Chanderpaul all the more awesome for playing for a billion years while putting up with this ****.

BeeGee

International Captain
Yeah, but it's interesting that Hinds has instructed them NOT to sign the new agreement...

...since the only advice we have received from you as President and CEO of WIPA is to not sign the contract /agreement that was sent by the WICB.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah, so I'm guessing you didn't bother reading it then..... More to do with India then the West Indies. Carry on like the drop kick you are however.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I did read it, unfortunately I've also read the weeping sore on CW that has been your posting on all WI related matters and choose to interpret your latest offering within that context. Surprise surprise you respond with more belligerent personal attacks. Ignored.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The fans not caring isn't them being smug, it's them being desensitised to Indian cricket.

It would be good if Roach and Taylor could blast a few out early though.

That won't happen until the Tests start.

eroticfishcake

U19 Vice-Captain
Heh, they won't be so smug if Roach and Taylor were able to play their hometown heroes on good fast bowling pitches.

The problem is there is too much on the shoulders of that pair and Chanderpaul atm.
It's more to do with the fact that they are currently a very boring team,and the 2 crowd-pullers Gayle & Narine are not playing

cnerd123

likes this
Majority of the Indian cricket 'fans' don't really care about cricket unless its IPL, a world event of some sort, or India vs Pak/Aus/England in ODIs/T20s. With that they have enough to keep them excited, the rest are just unimportant series that act as a training ground for main matches in their view. Check scorecards and highlights now and then, make an FB status if some world record is broken, and move on with your life.

And Tests aren't important at all, especially given how bad India have been at them recently.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm still on the side that thinks WW is an ATG tbh.

But yea, chillax. Just troll him later after WI loses this series and he goes about proudly talking about the positives that came out of it and how it's the best thing to happen in WI cricket or smth like that.

But yea, on the topic, Indian fans actually like WI cricketers. Gayle, Bravo, Sammy are all famous for their IPL exploits. It's just that their isn't any historic rivalry to give these series any meaning, nor can it be billed "India vs Best Side in the World!" like with South Africa.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But yea, on the topic, Indian fans actually like WI cricketers. Gayle, Bravo, Sammy are all famous for their IPL exploits. It's just that their isn't any historic rivalry to give these series any meaning.
Yeah. More than anything, we have fond memories of them giving way so graciously in the '83 WC final :P