• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2014

ImpatientLime

International Regular
You didn't answer my question.

Why would any future prospect hang around, playing for a collect group of islands run by an inept board and union on sub standard pay when he can go earn a fortune playing in the IPL?

Riddle me this, if Narine was given the choice of representing T&T at international level vs an IPL contract, do you reckon we'd have seen the same mess? Is there much pride in representing the WI? This is a genuine aside I'm intrigued by.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this

Why would any future prospect hang around, playing for a collect group of islands run by an inept board and union on sub standard pay when he can go earn a fortune playing in the IPL?

Riddle me this, if Narine was given the choice of representing T&T vs an IPL contract, do you reckon we'd have seen the same mess. Is there much pride in representing the WI?
Im pretty sure Narine already picked playing for KKR over T&T...so he has already picked IPL over his nation.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
1. Narine was called in the Champions League.
He is banned from bowling in all BCCI events
The IPL is a BCCI event.
Therefore he is banned from bowling in all future IPLs (until cleared).
I love how I need to explain this to you.
SIGH!!..let me break it down slowly for you because apparently you're struggling AGAIN..

1. narine ...2. has...3. never..4 been...5. called...6 in...7 the...8 ipl

Conclusion? the champions league is THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE..the ipl IS THE IPL!!..get it? now if you don't please find me the evidence of Sunil being "called" in the ipl.

2. By the same logic...Viv Richards is ONE OF THE BEST batsmen in the ICC World Cup...should the West Indies be recalling him back to the fold?
SMH that's it...you're trolling and we're clearly not getting anywhere responding to eachother..so before i get banned i'll call it quits. Unless you get serious and grow up i will not partake in any kind of conversation or debate with you...enough is enough.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. There are probably three players who are big enough names in the competition to potentially cause harm if they pulled out -- Narine, Gayle and Pollard. The others, while obviously useful, are hardly irreplaceable.

2. Moreoever, these three big name players have quite clearly prioritised the IPL ahead of West Indies duties already.

3. If they've made that call with their WICB salaries at the levels they are now, why would they reverse it for 60% less than that?

4. Given the team just walked out on a Test series, it seems unlikely that loyalty to the WICB is particularly strong with regards to any WI cricketers.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SIGH!!..let me break it down slowly for you because apparently you're struggling AGAIN..

Conclusion? the champions league is THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE..the ipl IS THE IPL!!..get it? now if you don't please find me the evidence of Sunil being "called" in the ipl.
A gift that keeps on giving

WindieWeathers

International Regular
This is unreal
Is the champions league the ipl now? because apparently i missed when they merged into one competition!!..

and btw no-one is saying the bcci doesn't run both..i'm merely saying narine wasn't called in the ipl therefore what the hell has his call in the champions league have to do with what he done in the ipl? that's stupid logic 8-) .

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Im pretty sure Narine already picked playing for KKR over T&T...so he has already picked IPL over his nation.
Haha jeez I missed that.

I'm wondering whether it would be different if the Islands all played at international level. Admittedly they'd all get annihilated with the already thin talent pool being watered down even further. But maybe there would be more pride in representing your actual nation and a chance to set up a few more professionally minded boards from scratch.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is the champions league the ipl now? because apparently i missed when they merged into one competition!!..

and btw no-one is saying the bcci doesn't run both..i'm merely saying narine wasn't called in the ipl therefore what the hell has his call in the champions league have to do with what he done in the ipl? that's stupid logic 8-) .
HE.IS.BANNED.FROM. BCCI. EVENTS.

IPL=BCCI EVENT

THEREFORE NARINE IS BANNED FROM THE IPL.

ffs ffs ffs ffs ffs X1000

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Riddle me this, if Narine was given the choice of representing T&T at international level vs an IPL contract, do you reckon we'd have seen the same mess? Is there much pride in representing the WI? This is a genuine aside I'm intrigued by.

West indies + CPL + new franchise contracts+ plus being allowed to play big bash and England's t20!!

would imo be enough for a young talent to turn their back on the ipl...JUST LIKE DARREN BRAVO HAS THUS FAR!!...but clearly some people don't get it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member

And both are run by the BCCI. Who have put in a "you get banned for chucking, bye bye from BCCI tournaments until you're cleared" rule.

It's like saying that if a hypothetical overseas pro (let's call him Saeed), for a hypothetical region (let's call it Tobago & Trinidad) got called for chucking in a hypothetical Regional 4 Day tournament, he'd be allowed to show up for a hypothetical Regional Super50 tournament and bowl in that, no questions asked.

The ban from one competition under the BCCI banner applies to all other competitions organised by the BCCI.

Moral of the story, his worth in the IPL 2015 is completely undermined by being, y'know, banned. The WICB adding a second ban on top of that isn't going to hurt the BCCI whatsoever, when they're literally withholding nothing from them by banning an already banned player.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member

Hobart Hurricanes v KKR, semi-final, CLT20, Hyderabad : Sunil Narine banned from bowling in CLT20 final | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 | ESPN Cricinfo

The bowling ban will not affect his West Indies duties, though - it is confined only to the Champions League T20 and other BCCI-organised tournaments, including the IPL.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
And both are run by the BCCI. Who have put in a "you get banned for chucking, bye bye from BCCI tournaments until you're cleared" rule.

It's like saying that if a hypothetical overseas pro (let's call him Saeed), for a hypothetical region (let's call it Tobago & Trinidad) got called for chucking in a hypothetical Regional 4 Day tournament, he'd be allowed to show up for a hypothetical Regional Super50 tournament and bowl in that, no questions asked.

The ban from one competition under the BCCI banner applies to all other competitions organised by the BCCI.

Moral of the story, his worth in the IPL 2015 is completely undermined by being, y'know, banned. The WICB adding a second ban on top of that isn't going to hurt the BCCI whatsoever, when they're literally withholding nothing from them by banning an already banned player.
Let me give you another analogy...Steven Gerrard gets yellow carded in the FA cup for diving. So does that mean everything he's done in the premiership should be written off because of what happened in the FA cup? both are ran by the FA!!..but it's two different competitions.

He wasn't called in the damn ipl so his achievements in that comp should not in anyway be linked to the champions league fiasco.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously WW, I do feel sorry for you and other WI supporters. If this was happening to NZ Cricket I'd be at my wits end myself. But I seriously think you should leave the forum for a few days until you've calmed down and had time to take stock.