• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2014/15

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, that's a fair point. Home sides do kinda produce roads and play for draws in Shield finals. Queensland made 900 in one FFS!
Would have thought the NSW bois in here would have been all over Langer's comments bemoaning rolling out roads for the Shield Final. Sort of like rolling out a road for the last round of the year to get into the final... :whistling:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Forgive my ignorance but why is a timeless game not possible?
Why should it be? Make a bad spectacle even worse.

WA not declaring and giving Victoria something to aim at to try and get some shots out of them was just ridiculous stuff. A loss is as bad as a draw, no difference. Batting on into the last day was stupidity.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Perhaps someone can provide the background to the end of Shipperd's role as coach ?

Is it all to do the Big Bash ?
Think I've mentioned it in here somewhere, but Cricket Victoria wanted to get rid of Shippherd, keep him on in a "Director of Cricket/Coaching" role and continue with the Stars. The cat got thrown amongst the pigeons when the Stars board (with only one or two CV reps) decided they wanted to get rid of Shippherd. In the end, they continued through with getting rid of Shippherd.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, it was pretty silly to expect that from the Stars imo

Would have thought the NSW bois in here would have been all over Langer's comments bemoaning rolling out roads for the Shield Final. Sort of like rolling out a road for the last round of the year to get into the final... :whistling:
I mean, there was hardly even any point calling him out. Disappointing the actual people doing the interview didn't fire went back though

With the timeless test, I suppose it's technically possible. But it's basically impossible to see it actually being implemented

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why should it be? Make a bad spectacle even worse.

WA not declaring and giving Victoria something to aim at to try and get some shots out of them was just ridiculous stuff. A loss is as bad as a draw, no difference. Batting on into the last day was stupidity.
On the whole I thought WA were surprisingly neutral. the WA lower order cruised around at pretty average S/Rs i the first innings, and then in the second innings, which they basically should have been treating like an ODer if not a T20, they open with Bancroft. Where's the #intent. Plus I would have bowled first (same with NSW in the final round). The most amazing thing about JLs presser is that he was expecting pitch deterioration. It's 2015 bud

Midwinter

State Captain
Think I've mentioned it in here somewhere, but Cricket Victoria wanted to get rid of Shippherd, keep him on in a "Director of Cricket/Coaching" role and continue with the Stars. The cat got thrown amongst the pigeons when the Stars board (with only one or two CV reps) decided they wanted to get rid of Shippherd. In the end, they continued through with getting rid of Shippherd.
Who is the new man for Victoria going to be ?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
More suited to an overall coaching role anyway. His bowling coaching used to get criticism in Victoria about a lack of knowledge around biomechanics, etc. - always been about tactics to batsmen, how and where in what conditions.

brockley

International Captain
Dave Hussey announced his retirement from Victoria last night at the Vic awards ceremoney,don't know what he will do now but was the batting coach and 2nd xl coach and senior mentor gather he will continue in that vein,will continue to play for the Stars in the Big Bash.

adub

International Captain
Have long had a Langer filter that edits out everything he says.