• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
still can't bowl in nz (i think he was injured though) and had a lighter year than usual with the bat iirc

There he is a couple of weeks ago. Hesson's talk of Santner as a potential No. 6 might be a bit high, if he's being beaten by Franklin tbh.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
^ I think I watched him in CLT20 when Otago in it. Unless I'm thinking of another Saffa with a funny name, He looked really really good.

Would be a huge signing.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Probably a question for Smudge with his journo connections....

Any word or rumour on another A tour this year?

The last 2 A tours were announced with only a few months until they kicked off.

NZC got ICC funding for 3 A tours. They've had 2 so one to go, or did the tour to India and SL count as 2 tours?

I'm desperate for Brownlie to get some A games opening before October ..... so we can make some progress on the opener position before the Oz tour.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Viljoen could be lost to SA cricket | The Citizen

Former Proteas paceman Fanie de Villiers is playing a big role in one of the country’s brightest fast bowling talents trying to leave the country and play for New Zealand.

Hardus Viljoen has just come off another outstanding season for the Highveld Lions, playing a key role in their Sunfoil Series title with 39 wickets at an average of 20.43, but De Villiers told The Citizen yesterday that the 26-year-old would be travelling to New Zealand next week for talks with one of their franchises.

Although Viljoen has not yet played for the national side, he is definitely in the selectors’ thoughts, having played nine games, in both four-day and 50-over cricket, for representative A teams. The powerful fast bowler has taken 103 wickets, more than any other bowler, in the last three Sunfoil Series seasons at a superb average of 23.95.

“Patriotism is out the door,” De Villiers, who described himself as “a close family friend who has advised Hardus since he was in Standard 8″, said. “He’s been the leading wicket-taker over the last few seasons, but he hasn’t played for South Africa because of the dynamics of the team. Hardus is a very strong and very good fast bowler who can bowl at 150km/h and he will be sought after in New Zealand and Australia.

“So on April 22 we are meeting one of the New Zealand franchises to see what they offer, which is why Hardus is the only player not to have signed his new Lions contract yet,” De Villiers said.

De Villiers added that the move was not to do with quotas, but was rather designed to ensure Viljoen was remunerated properly for his ability, with English county cricket a key target.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah this one's for Malan and the Stags ftr. Looking for a Bevan Small replacement, now that he's lost his heavy ball for good.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should have known. I'll just have to look forward to Wellington signing an Afghani batsman, an Irish quick or a Zimbabwean spinner.

#eyefortalent

Mike5181

International Captain
Doesn't make much sense. He'd have to wait until 2021 to be eligible and money-wise he'd be better off looking at county cricket or something. Maybe he's just trying to get more money out of the Lions or he's hoping the South African selectors will buy his story and pick him out of fear that they'd lose him.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He is looking towards county cricket, it says in the story. This would be a Kyle Jarvis type of deal for the Stags it seems.

Flem274*

123/5
Hmm if we picked him then at full strength we'd have some tough calls to make. CD must be thinking they won't have doug or milne much and don't fully trust small to stay fit or mathieson to come good. Then again we're tthe hoarders of domestic cricket so...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I like is that Malan attempts to attract Viljoen, a very good cricketer from his home country. On the flip side, Jamie Siddons - a coach with a greater international pedigree - can attract Jayde Herrick, Dane Hutchinson and Aleks Day.

Wonderful.

Athlai

Not Terrible
What I like is that Malan attempts to attract Viljoen, a very good cricketer from his home country. On the flip side, Jamie Siddons - a coach with a greater international pedigree - can attract Jayde Herrick, Dane Hutchinson and Aleks Day.

Wonderful.
Siddons can't even land us a bloody Bangladeshi fast bowler. Come on!