• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

Mike5181

International Captain
Looked like a nice wrongun that Sodhi got Neesham with in the semifinal.
OTAGO VOLTS vs NORTHERN KNIGHTS

Ford Trophy Season over for ND, a good one for Sodhi. His career List A record is now actually more than respectable. I assume his record in other formats will follow.
Yeah, he's coming along nicely. His performances in both first-class (110 runs @ 37 and 13 wickets @ 25 this season) and List A (14 wickets @ 29.78) are indicative of the progress he's made. No doubt the experience he got from his time with the test team will help him massively in the long run. Still only 22 years of age.

His overall record for ND isn't looking too bad for a spin bowler in NZ now either. 588 runs @ 23.52 + 47 wickets @ 37.48. Patel averages 41 in the Plunket Shield, Craig 44, and Bruce Martin averaged 36 for ND and 39 for Auckland.

Binkley

U19 Captain
This is quite cool.

I watched some of that game while at the gym the other day. She was operating in tandem with another leggie, and the Otago players really struggled to get either of them away. It made me wonder how that style of quite loopy spin might go in the men's game. Especially if it can be bowled with as much accuracy and variation as Amelia Kerr was demonstrating. She also looks even younger than 14!

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched some of that game while at the gym the other day. She was operating in tandem with another leggie, and the Otago players really struggled to get either of them away. It made me wonder how that style of quite loopy spin might go in the men's game. Especially if it can be bowled with as much accuracy and variation as Amelia Kerr was demonstrating. She also looks even younger than 14!
Some of that batting looked a bit suspect though. Did I see that Otago's #7 averages 8 with the bat? Perhaps a lack of all-rounders in the women's game at this level? I used to umpire women's club cricket in the UK, and there were a few batsmen in those clubs who looked more adept than some on display here. Either that, or the bowling was even better than it looked.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Reputation and runs alone suggested the local lads didn't have a chance, but Nicholls and Seifert were superb.

Nicholls scored 104 from 113 balls while Seifert scored an unbeaten 115 off 89 balls and completed an unlikely win.

Needing 36 from the final three overs, Seifert and fringe Canterbury player Ken McClure did it with four balls to spare.

They needed seven to win from the final over, but Seifert hit a six and a four to wrap it up easily.

And this wasn't some thrown together Pakistan team, this was their World Cup squad featuring Misbah, Younis Khan and Shahid Afridi (who was dismissed for a golden duck).

"This is a great win," President's XI coach Bob Carter said.

"Obviously we batted well, but I think we bowled very well too and they only got away on us at the end. You couldn't have scripted the chase better."

The Pakistan team didn't take it lightly either and were clearly fired up at trying to win the match in the dying overs and upset to lose.

"They'll come very hard at us next time I think," Carter said.

The two sides meet again on Tuesday.
Henry Nicholls and Tim Seifert star in Presidents' XI upset win over Pakistan | Stuff.co.nz

Heena16

Banned
**** beaten in newzeland

Pakistan beaten in newzeland.20 year old promising cricketer,who only playing his 2nd 1st.class game scored @brilliant century.who knows he will be next virat for kiwi.
After long time Aka mal
Posted 68,haq100

jcas0167

International Debutant

Pakistan beaten in newzeland.20 year old promising cricketer,who only playing his 2nd 1st.class game scored @brilliant century.who knows he will be next virat for kiwi.
After long time Aka mal
Posted 68,haq100
Seifert is definitely highly rated. This innings should help boost his chances of getting more first class chances and maybe an NZ A tour in the not so distant future.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
President's XI defeated Pakistan again. Pollard with 153 off 132 being the best performance, but otherwise little to be overly delighted with. NIcholls and Seifert both failed this time around.

This game was taken even less seriously than the last with Ehsan Adil playing for the President's XIII.

jcas0167

International Debutant
CD playing two debutants. Jaimie How & Noema-Barnett out.

While he will be available for Sunday's final against Auckland if the Stags beat Otago today in the play-off at New Plymouth's Pukekura Park, the side's former skipper already has his feet under the work desk this week.

In a double blow for the Stags, allrounder Kieran Noema-Barnett has also pulled out because of a recurrence of a foot injury, while regular 12th man Steve Smidt is also unavailable because of work.

The trio have been replaced by Taranaki captain Tom Bruce, provincial team-mate Mattie Thomas and Manawatu batsman Dave Meiring, who looks set to open in How's absence.

"I'm 100 per cent confident these guys can come in and perform," Stags captain Kruger van Wyk said after training yesterday.

"When you are young you are absolutely fearless and if you play in a final or the first game of the season, it's totally irrelevant to these guys. That's what is so refreshing and exciting about these guys coming in."

Bruce has been in superb form with the bat, both for Taranaki and Central Districts A.

He would likely come in at No 5 in the order, with Taranaki team-mates Dean Robinson and Will Young filling the immediate slots above him - something virtually unheard off in the province's cricketing history.

The late changes mean van Wyk and coach Heinrich Malan would be forced to "rejig" plans they have had in place through the competition.

"In a way it's hard but in a way it's really exciting," van Wyk said. "It tests your creativity a little bit and that's what you want in a team. We want to be a little bit unpredictable, a bit funky and creative where we can.

"We are lacking in a set structure because of injuries but hey, we just have to find a way and we will make it work."
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricke...stags-veteran-jamie-how-ahead-of-prelim-final

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
If we were at full domestic strength that Otago side would still be favourites imo. I back us to make a game of it but Otago look too good.

Flem274*

123/5
If we can keep this pair in for the next ten overs we'll post a credible score. Bat the 50. Only go Dougeh-smash late in the piece.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Superb debut innings for Bruce. Shame he didn't get a hundred. 252 unlikely to be enough, but who knows.

Flem274*

123/5
Jesse gone. If CD can get shark eyes out quick then things are looking up. rest of the line up is obvs dangerous but Jesse and Neesham are on another level.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Gagf, Otago. Rocks or diamonds, how about guts or diamonds for once. I'll be seeing 'Steady the Ship' Wagner on this scorecard in a minute..

jcas0167

International Debutant
Am guessing there is some inspired bowling from Bracewell.

Former Auckland player Alex O'Dowd's son Max getting a 101 off 69 balls for Auckland A v ND A.

Last edited: