• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Central Districts 15/16 Contract list:

Tipene Friday, Tony Goodin, Greg Hay, Marty Kain, Andrew Mathieson, Ajaz Patel, Seth Rance, Jesse Ryder, Bevan Small, Ben Smith, Ili Tugaga, Krugar Van Wyk, Ben Wheeler, George Worker.

Sauces saying Will Young has taken up contract in England.
Serious :cry: if true.

Flem274*

123/5
Central Districts 15/16 Contract list:

Tipene Friday, Tony Goodin, Greg Hay, Marty Kain, Andrew Mathieson, Ajaz Patel, Seth Rance, Jesse Ryder, Bevan Small, Ben Smith, Ili Tugaga, Krugar Van Wyk, Ben Wheeler, George Worker.

Sauces saying Will Young has taken up contract in England.
When do we announce the batting contracts?

6th, unless ryder plays all 3 forms. Kruger should bat at 4 in that team

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Howsie's source did claim Seifert "was lured down to Otago by BMac" last year, so can we fully trust this news yet? It could yet be what Kuggs' mum would call bull**** and jellybeans.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
**** it! Will Young looks test class.

I can't think of another young batsman at the moment who does.

Howsie

International Captain
:laugh:

I thought spelling source the way I did would've given it away as a piss-take ha, but then naming every single rejected quick from last years lists... Come on fella's :p

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Ha! It did look believable, as the provincial lists can look all out of balance, and a bit ****, if they have a few centrally contracted guys freeing up spaces.

jcas0167

International Debutant
:laugh:

I thought spelling source the way I did would've given it away as a piss-take ha, but then naming every single rejected quick from last years lists... Come on fella's :p
Heh, I totally bought it. That is a relief, it was bad enough losing Craig Cachopa.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be argued that half that article is treading a very fine line with the courts, most notably his mum's comments.

By the by:

Only if "some" were mentally unhinged.
The ****, they were asserting Scott is cricketing royalty? Even if it was Chris, bugger me. Those Waikato folk are simple folk. And what kind of saying is 'bull**** and jelly beans'?

Great to see two young Howick Pak guns in the Auckland set-up. Just the five HP players out of 14, probably down on past years.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
As per twitter
ND Squad is:
Our 2015-16 domestic contract offers: Cody Andrews, James Baker, Jono Boult, Dean Brownlie, Joe Carter, Anton Devcich, Daniel Flynn (1/2)
Domestic contract offers cont: Brett Hampton, Jono Hickey, Scott Kuggeleijn, Daryl Mitchell, Bharat Popli, Tim Seifert, Ish Sodhi (2/2)
Jono Hickey? Seriously? He's also in the Auckland ITM Cup (or whatever it's called) squad, and has played club rugby for Grammar TEC all season. And before anyone says it, no that's not Simon - both are in the squad/club side. Strange.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The ****, they were asserting Scott is cricketing royalty? Even if it was Chris, bugger me. Those Waikato folk are simple folk. And what kind of saying is 'bull**** and jelly beans'?

Great to see two young Howick Pak guns in the Auckland set-up. Just the five HP players out of 14, probably down on past years.
Nice post but as our Auckland representative I am holding you accountable for the existence of Donnovan Grobelaar in the Plunket Shield. I feel like I could face his bowling and live to tell the tale. Certainly I would be dissapointed if I couldn't score from him.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Gutted Bartlett has retired. Lost in the quagmire of Auckland depth. Then look at Wellingtons contracted seamers .....

Sometimes wonder if Auckland needs two associations .... Come on down the Direbirds, be polite and make way.
Just FYI, Deano is now the GM of Cornwall CC so unless he was on NZ's radar I'm not sure he would've gone on.

Give Wellington to North Harbour, you get three Cachopas straight off the bat.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just FYI, Deano is now the GM of Cornwall CC so unless he was on NZ's radar I'm not sure he would've gone on.

Give Wellington to North Harbour, you get three Cachopas straight off the bat.
If they can make the schedule work with 7 teams they should make the change immediately. Northland has no business being in Northern Districts catchment geographically - give them to North Harbour as well.

No way we can have 8 teams though - couldn't fathom where the extra team would go.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice post but as our Auckland representative I am holding you accountable for the existence of Donnovan Grobelaar in the Plunket Shield. I feel like I could face his bowling and live to tell the tale. Certainly I would be dissapointed if I couldn't score from him.
Haha, not with the new ball he wouldn't/you wouldn't. Donovan is very, very good when it swings. Does it late, not at a great clip but gets a hell of a lot of guys lbw/bowled or nicking out lefties. And he's improved with the old ball, but probably tends to bowl along the deck sometimes.

But hey, this is a guy who started in the Howick 4ths and I loudly questioned why he was being allowed to train with the top side.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
If they can make the schedule work with 7 teams they should make the change immediately. Northland has no business being in Northern Districts catchment geographically - give them to North Harbour as well.

No way we can have 8 teams though - couldn't fathom where the extra team would go.
Northland have a real affinity with ND though, with the likes of the Bells, Yovich, Parlanes etc. You'd be hard-pressed cutting ties. And we all know there's not enough talent or money to cover 8 professional teams in this country. Maybe it could be done at A level, to give young guys a chance to fill out squads.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Northland have a real affinity with ND though, with the likes of the Bells, Yovich, Parlanes etc. You'd be hard-pressed cutting ties. And we all know there's not enough talent or money to cover 8 professional teams in this country. Maybe it could be done at A level, to give young guys a chance to fill out squads.
But 7 teams then? Surely we can borrow some money or run some cake stalls or something.

All we hear from some of the CW posters who played age group in Auckland is that it was extremely tough to crack the sides and plenty of talented/gun people gave up the game as a result.