• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ten Cricket

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Where I currently live I can get Ten Cricket as an add on channel - I forget exactly how much it is but it isn't that expensive.

The question is, is the channel any good? Flicking through the guide it seems like a lot of 'old' cricket - which would be great if that meant Tests from the 50s and 60s but it appears to be a lot of meaningless ODIs. Is that fair?

On local channels, ESPN and MaxSport I have access to a decent amount of cricket on TV. I am trying to weigh up whether Ten Cricket is worth adding but I have not had chance to view the channel before.

Ten Cricket - Thoughts?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ten Cricket in India isn't bad, they show a lot of the series which Star Sports won't bother with. Doesn't have much retro cricket like you want but if you have it along with Star and Neo you won't miss a ball of any of series going on.

cnerd123

likes this
I used to watch it a lot as a kid. Loved it. It had interviews, documentaries, lots of cricket from back in the 80s and 90s, and occasionally live cricket. I remember watching Lara score his 400 on it, Bradshaw hitting the winning runs in the Champions Trophy, highlight of the match which ended in Miandad's last ball 6...

Good memories. Good channel.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Basically gets quite a lot of the smaller test series. Picture quality is bad though for my taste.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where I currently live I can get Ten Cricket as an add on channel - I forget exactly how much it is but it isn't that expensive.

The question is, is the channel any good? Flicking through the guide it seems like a lot of 'old' cricket - which would be great if that meant Tests from the 50s and 60s but it appears to be a lot of meaningless ODIs. Is that fair?

On local channels, ESPN and MaxSport I have access to a decent amount of cricket on TV. I am trying to weigh up whether Ten Cricket is worth adding but I have not had chance to view the channel before.

Ten Cricket - Thoughts?
Their coverage of the lesser watched series like Sri Lanka and Pakistan's tests is a nice change, although their habit of cutting to ads way too quickly is annoying.

Most of the old matches they show are meaningless, though entertaining, Sharjah ODIs from the 90s. Seems everytime I switch to tensports they have their "Cricket Classics" show on, which is severely blighted due to Rameez Raja providing the narration before and after the match. If you want a laugh, it's great... he doesnt even put the minimum effort required to sound convincing. They hardly ever show old tests, sadly.

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
If you want to watch Zimbabwe v. Bangladesh, or ... Zimbabwe v. Bangladesh: Highlights over & over again then I advise you subscribe to Ten Cricket.