• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

Flem274*

123/5
Ronchi isn't a #4, Anderson isn't a #5, Latham is too low at #6 and Nathan McCullum is neither a #7 nor should he be in the team while Vettori is fit. Two spinners isn't going to be a thing in this World Cup.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Nice gesture from Williamson and Milne to hand over their match fees and kit bags from the series to Younis Khan to give to the people affected through the Peshawar disaster.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nathan McCullum is neither a #7 nor should he be in the team while Vettori is fit. Two spinners isn't going to be a thing in this World Cup.
I agree with this. There's a time and a place for NcCullum, and I don't think it'll be this World Cup. For the record, he's played 23 ODIs in NZ/Aus for eight wickets at an average of 93.87 runs per wicket. Barring injury to Vettori, I think we can do better.

Howsie

International Captain
Nice gesture from Williamson and Milne to hand over their match fees and kit bags from the series to Younis Khan to give to the people affected through the Peshawar disaster.
Yeah, Williamson would've given up around 30k from the sounds of things. WAG.

Blocky

Banned
Williamson might touch #1 but he'll never consistently be #1.

It's nothing against his talent, more so it's just very hard for an English or NZ Batsman to be consistently #1 when they play over half their games in conditions that mostly suit the bowlers, meanwhile you've got players in Australia, India and Sri Lanka who get to play on pitches that favour batting for three out of the five days.

Kohli will likely be the worlds next consistent #1 once the current flock of 28-33 yr olds turn into retiring 38 yr olds. Rahane as an outside pick, looks absolute **** but seems to be able to score consistent runs, De Kock too.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Yeah nah. Most NZ pitches are roads these days, and anyway performances in unfriendly conditions count for moreanyway.

If Williamson isn't the best in the world it will be because someone else is better.

Oh wait, you were talking about the ICC rankings?

Julian87

State Captain
Williamson might touch #1 but he'll never consistently be #1.

It's nothing against his talent, more so it's just very hard for an English or NZ Batsman to be consistently #1 when they play over half their games in conditions that mostly suit the bowlers, meanwhile you've got players in Australia, India and Sri Lanka who get to play on pitches that favour batting for three out of the five days.

Kohli will likely be the worlds next consistent #1 once the current flock of 28-33 yr olds turn into retiring 38 yr olds. Rahane as an outside pick, looks absolute **** but seems to be able to score consistent runs, De Kock too.
I don't agree with this at all. May be hard for them to be ranked #1, but at the end of the day who really cares about the ICC player rankings.

Blocky

Banned
I don't agree with this at all. May be hard for them to be ranked #1, but at the end of the day who really cares about the ICC player rankings.
The whole point of his comment was Williamson being #1 in ranking. So I don't know why you somehow now think it's pertinent to say that you don't agree with ICC Player rankings.