• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Questions for the ODI series:

1. Will Latham be given his rightful spot opening the batting? If so, how will he go?

2. Will Brownlie open with him given the absence of Guptill? Or will Neesham continue? Or Devcich?

3. It looks like Henry vs Milne in the final WC squad member spot. Who wins?

4. Who's taking the middle order spots? Neesham?

5. How will Vettori go?

Pakistan:
1. Who's going to make up those useful Hafeez overs?

2. Who knows what batting lineup you'll put out really.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Agree Immenso me the same,it became so commonplace.
I sniff when sniff when matches are possibly fixed.
But so many bowlers called its hard,i may not see an off spinner the same again.
What does the part in bold mean...I accept you wrote sniff twice by accident but what does it mean anyway. What does it mean to "sniff" when matches are possibly fixed.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Questions for the ODI series:

1. Will Latham be given his rightful spot opening the batting? If so, how will he go?

2. Will Brownlie open with him given the absence of Guptill? Or will Neesham continue? Or Devcich?

3. It looks like Henry vs Milne in the final WC squad member spot. Who wins?

4. Who's taking the middle order spots? Neesham?

5. How will Vettori go?
1) My guess is probably not. Devcich will retain his opening spot. Boy, it is not pleasant saying those words.

2) I reckon there's a pretty good chance that KW will continue opening the batting until Guptill is fit.

3) At this stage my guess is Henry. Yeah Milne was in better form during the NZA games, but that's hardly surprising. Minnows usually do poorly against genuine pace because they have so little experience of it. Pakistan's batsmen are less likely to be cowed, by a couple of 150kmh half volleys. Henry's swing and bounce however will be a proper test of the Pakistani batsmen's technique. If he can get it right, then I think he'll definitely finish the series with better stats than Milne.

4) That's interesting. My guess is that Neesham and Anderson will be swapped around during the course of the series. I doubt they'll both play at the same time all that often.

4) Fine.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
JFC Dean Brownlie and Anton Devcich is such a waste of opening slots.

I can't say this loud enough. There's a proper Test match opener in the squad. ****ing play him in the opening slot for chrissake.

ajdude

International Coach
no mcclenaghan, do NZ not rate him in these conditions ahead of mills/milne or are they just trying things?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Evening chaps, watching this one through tonight!

Big loss missing both Guptill & Anderson & losing the toss.

Zinzan

JFC Dean Brownlie and Anton Devcich is such a waste of opening slots.

I can't say this loud enough. There's a proper Test match opener in the squad. ****ing play him in the opening slot for chrissake.
I agree, I suspect (I hope) they have earmarked Latham & are just looking for other options. I'll be annoyed if they don't give him at least 2 bats as opener in this series.

ajdude

International Coach
actually yeah what's the go with pakistan picking only 4 bowlers? remember younis getting amla out last year in south africa, would love to see him bowl

Zinzan

no mcclenaghan, do NZ not rate him in these conditions ahead of mills/milne or are they just trying things?
He'll get his chance. With all the debate we're all had around the make-up of the final 15, it's fair everyone gets a chance to push their case.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I agree, I suspect (I hope) they have earmarked Latham & are just looking for other options. I'll be annoyed if they don't give him at least 2 bats as opener in this series.
No, it looks like they've decided that he's a middle order batsman because he's not inept against spin. I suppose it's not bad to have him covering a Taylor/Williamson injury, but it's such a waste when the openers for the WC will be Guptill and someone else. uggh.

Zinzan

Big chance for Mills in this series. If he does really well (and in the other build up ODIs in NZ, I might consider dropping Boult for him in my final 15 after all.

anil1405

International Captain
Maybe not sending him to open in this game is an indication that they don't intend to use him in that role.

Zinzan

No, it looks like they've decided that he's a middle order batsman because he's not inept against spin. I suppose it's not bad to have him covering a Taylor/Williamson injury, but it's such a waste when the openers for the WC will be Guptill and someone else. uggh.
Which makes me just all the more pissed @ Jessie. WAC.

Zinzan

Looks like a cracking wicket early doors. What are we thinking is par here? 280-290?

Zinzan

Course the other benefit of opening with Latham & Guptill is the left/right combination, unless they are really serious about Devcich as a prospect for the WC :mellow: