• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Who are the CW Pakastani posters - need them to weigh in on their expected line up and team news etc.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, quite possibly. Rehman has regressed pretty dramatically in the last few months.
Rehman looked shot in SL, putting nothing on the ball and not even landing it, mind you he bowls way too fast for SL pitches and will probably have more fun at home but Babar is indeed more of a threat coming into both the Aussie and NZ series IMO

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't be surprised if Maqbool or Hasan played instead. Or even both, because.. you know, Pakistan. Nether Babar or Rehman have been at the peak of their powers recently.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Reformed Doug Bracewell again back in favour | Stuff.co.nz

When Adam Milne got injured on the eve of the New Zealand A tour of England, Bracewell earned his reward. He claimed 15 wickets at an average of 16 in the one-day games and the reports to Hesson were glowing.

Hesson said Bracewell's fitness played in his favour, as they needed extra pace bowling cover in the heat of the UAE.

Matt Henry, the big mover in the fast bowling ranks, was considered but was still working on his durability in the longer formats and was seen as a one-day prospect for now as he chases a World Cup berth.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
They probably have just as much idea as the Pakistani posters.
Not suggesting otherwise, its just funny how our Pakistan and Sri Lankan contingents are so dismal ( I blame phlegm for scaring them all off ftr :p ) that a couple of Aussies are the only ones stopping this becoming another all hail jeets, sodhi sucks, kw for opener thread.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Have to have Pakistan as favorites for the test series imo. For a start they will be engaging in battle with a vastly superior side in Australia shortly while the kiwis won't have played a test for months before they play Pakistan. And if you look back in the recent past in 2012 WI played Aus and went to England while NZ played no cricket. NZ toured the Caribbean and was easily beaten and i can see the same thing happening here if the Kiwis aren't careful.

Pakistan fans seem big on the left-arm spinner named "Raza" who i remember from the u19 world cup back in 2010 which featured the likes of Blackwood, Holder. Brathwaite, Ben Stokes, Shazad etc...and he seemed a decent prospect.

Beleg

International Regular
Not suggesting otherwise, its just funny how our Pakistan and Sri Lankan contingents are so dismal ( I blame phlegm for scaring them all off ftr :p ) that a couple of Aussies are the only ones stopping this becoming another all hail jeets, sodhi sucks, kw for opener thread.
wasnt always the case :(

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Have to have Pakistan as favorites for the test series imo. For a start they will be engaging in battle with a vastly superior side in Australia shortly while the kiwis won't have played a test for months before they play Pakistan. And if you look back in the recent past in 2012 WI played Aus and went to England while NZ played no cricket. NZ toured the Caribbean and was easily beaten and i can see the same thing happening here if the Kiwis aren't careful.

Pakistan fans seem big on the left-arm spinner named "Raza" who i remember from the u19 world cup back in 2010 which featured the likes of Blackwood, Holder. Brathwaite, Ben Stokes, Shazad etc...and he seemed a decent prospect.
I agree that Pakistan are favourites in their "home" conditions. But the absence of Ajmal, potential absence of Younis in an already fragile batting lineup, and the fact that NZ have played a lot in spinning conditions recently should temper that a little bit.

Williamson is well recognised as a good player of spin bowling and Southee and Boult won us the series in the Windies in slow bowling conditions, as well as drawing us the series against Herath and co in Sri Lanka.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I agree that Pakistan are favourites in their "home" conditions. But the absence of Ajmal, potential absence of Younis in an already fragile batting lineup, and the fact that NZ have played a lot in spinning conditions recently should temper that a little bit.

Williamson is well recognised as a good player of spin bowling and Southee and Boult won us the series in the Windies in slow bowling conditions, as well as drawing us the series against Herath and co in Sri Lanka.
NZ played India before the tour to SL and also before they came to the Caribbean...so it's a little different i'd say because the kiwis won't have had that game time before they take on pakistan. .

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
NZ played India before the tour to SL and also before they came to the Caribbean...so it's a little different i'd say because the kiwis won't have had that game time before they take on pakistan. .
Preparation is an issue that the coach will have to address. I'm a little more confident that acclimatising to the conditions will be addressed properly as the current coach has a reputation for leaving no stone unturned in that regard. I'm not sure of the details but I believe that there will be adequate preparation in lieu of actually playing Test cricket in those conditions, which is of course the best preparation but nothing can be done about that.

Basically, I won't be using it as an excuse. If Pakistan win they will be the better team in these conditions.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This is basically a long awta post. agree with all Hendrix has said especially the acknowledgement they are favourites in their own back yard

Flem274*

123/5
A spinning allrounder sounds handy. If they haven't kissed and made up with YK by then more batting depth wouldn't be amiss.

Who is expected to step in for Younis Khan AN?