• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunil Narine's action reported (not to the ICC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion

Global Moderator
To everyone: No more trolling please. If you wish to discuss the subject of the thread, without resorting to trolling, please do so. Otherwise, infractions may follow.

BeeGee

International Captain
I feel like Andy Dufresne, having crawled through a river of **** and come out clean on the other side....

Is there going to be any ICC followup to these CLT20 reported actions?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This thread is a late-term termination.

It reminds of all those wacky conspiracy theory threads which floated around after the Sydney 08 test.

Only not as funny.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I wrote up a lengthy rant about this but really can't be ****ed. In short, the posting in here is **** and you should know better. Everyone is sick of it and no matter where causation may lie, you're all contributing to this mess.

If I weren't away for the past few days, there'd be points flying around all through this thread.

inb4CribbDisappointment

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Absolute bloody disgrace!!...he bowls for FOUR GAMES in the competition without being called and suddenly things change in the last two? something doesn't smell right here 8-) .

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I must admit for the first time now I am smelling a rat. His quicker ball I could understand, because just as I said in the other thread, I reckon he has a kink in his action. But I watched him closely today and really couldn't see anything wrong. He even slowed his pace up to around the 90kph mark and yet they have reported 'all his deliveries'.

I am by no means saying this is a conspiracy against West Indies as clearly they're calling everyone out at the moment, but the way this has been done seems absolutely farcical to me. I hope he goes for testing now. I'm pretty convinced he will pass and it's not going to be good for his confidence to be constantly targeted by umpires wanting their moment in the sun.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolute bloody disgrace!!...he bowls for FOUR GAMES in the competition without being called and suddenly things change in the last two? something doesn't smell right here 8-) .
Yep, his action

Fact is that it could have happened a long time ago with far more serious consequences

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Yep, his action

Fact is that it could have happened a long time ago with far more serious consequences
Why didn't they call him in the first game? why haven't they called him in International cricket? why haven't they called him in the IPL? IT SMELLS imo...one minute "quicker ball", so he doesn't bowl it, "oh..we mean all deliveries"...so basically if he goes and gets tested now in Australia he'll miss the India ODI's..i wonder who benefits?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
How come shillingford and senayake and kw were never called years ago? The umps have only found the confidence to call chuckers now that the crackdown has started

social

The umpires are not "calling" anybody

They are simply saying that player X's action looks suspect and should be reviewed

It's hardly a career-killer if the player's action is found to be legal

social

Why didn't they call him in the first game? why haven't they called him in International cricket? why haven't they called him in the IPL? IT SMELLS imo...one minute "quicker ball", so he doesn't bowl it, "oh..we mean all deliveries"...so basically if he goes and gets tested now in Australia he'll miss the India ODI's..i wonder who benefits?
Think you need to calm down as a few WC warmups are hardly the most important matches on the world sporting calendar

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Think you need to calm down as a few WC warmups are hardly the most important matches on the world sporting calendar
The whole thing just doesn't add up to me...you can't just go from nothing in the first four games to "total chucker" in the next two.. it's all during the same competition here..so is anyone really gonna tell me his action has changed since the first game to now? quicker ball? ok i can accept that..but don't then turn around and claim he was throwing in "all four overs" today..i watched him and that certainly wasn't what i saw....if anything you could tell he was being overly careful with his bowling.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I do sympathize with Beamer's point of view and perhaps more with KKR's fans and management in that the situation leaves them without their trump card.

However, there's far bigger fish to fry in terms of upcoming global tournaments and it's never a good time for a bowler to be called anyway. Get the testing done, make sure it's rigorous, and if he passes make sure his action doesn't deteriorate.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I do sympathize with Beamer's point of view and perhaps more with KKR's fans and management in that the situation leaves them without their trump card.

However, there's far bigger fish to fry in terms of upcoming global tournaments and it's never a good time for a bowler to be called anyway. Get the testing done, make sure it's rigorous, and if he passes make sure his action doesn't deteriorate.
I hope Narine now sees the woods from the trees...forget "IPL" now and focus on your international career Sunny!!..because quite frankly we're the only ones he has left. Furthermore i see no players from the "big three" have been called yet!!...surprise surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.