• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunil Narine's action reported (not to the ICC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I give up.
Good, no need to over-police when there are many real examples of what you are complaining about in plain sight in this thread alone, just sets an unnecessary precedent for everyone else.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry Dan, no way should the posts you quoted have been moderated in any respect. It's a two way street and pulling a guy for posting like that is only going to make him dig in.

Completely understand we want to take away irrelevant references to one's team (I will not call it nationalism, for it is not) but nobody wants to post a forum where you can't say 'are you a fan of X?'
That's not what Dan's saying though. That whole series of posts by WW is absolutely infuriating if you're part of the debate. Every single genuine point we make is countered by WW going "Oh, well, what about that bloke from your country", or something to that effect.

People are defending him here because maybe he's been treated a bit harshly, but his posting just smacks of diverting the issue into a your country vs mine thing. Somehow, someway, he brings that in in almost every post he makes. And Dan is absolutely right that when he talks to marc, he slips in a snide comment about Moeen, when it's me, he brings in Ashwin and Ojha, etc, and I had pointed that out before, too. I don't know if I'd call that nationalistic flag-waving or whatever, but it's plain bad posting and ends up annoying everyone involved in the conversation.

Other than that, I have to say I enjoy WW's posting, and his CSK comment was harmless, dunno why that's being brought in. He's obviously passionate and the forum needs someone like that instead of just 5000 pews's

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've never said anything like that based on nationality...so lets just say Rampaul were to get called against india..then Junaid Khan (who's action people have been speculating about) bowls against Australia the same way and doesn't get called...am i not allowed to point that out now and compare the two because the other guy isn't Caribbean? is that what you're saying?
At the risk of starting things off, the point is try not saying the Junaid Khan thing only in response to a Pakistani forum member's post about Rampaul.

Hopefully we can all move on from this...as i really don't want to have any part in any negative vibes..i've been down that road before and in my return i promised i would not go there again.
:) :thumbsup:

cnerd123

likes this
That's not what Dan's saying though. That whole series of posts by WW is absolutely infuriating if you're part of the debate. Every single genuine point we make is countered by WW going "Oh, well, what about that bloke from your country", or something to that effect.

People are defending him here because maybe he's been treated a bit harshly, but his posting just smacks of diverting the issue into a your country vs mine thing. Somehow, someway, he brings that in in almost every post he makes. And Dan is absolutely right that when he talks to marc, he slips in a snide comment about Moeen, when it's me, he brings in Ashwin and Ojha, etc, and I had pointed that out before, too. I don't know if I'd call that nationalistic flag-waving or whatever, but it's plain bad posting and ends up annoying everyone involved in the conversation.
I personally found his going-about-in-circles style annoying. He keeps contradicting himself and putting his foot in his mouth till he stumbles up a 'safe' position to stand on the debate, then he will go about insisting on how that was his stance all along and we just didn't 'get' him the first time.

That and he'll instigate arguments and leap back and say he was just 'joking', but then get mad at others for riling him up in return. It's just like a 10 year old.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I personally found his going-about-in-circles style annoying. He keeps contradicting himself and putting his foot in his mouth till he stumbles up a 'safe' position to stand on the debate, then he will go about insisting on how that was his stance all along and we just didn't 'get' him the first time.

That and he'll instigate arguments and leap back and say he was just 'joking', but then get mad at others for riling him up in return. It's just like a 10 year old.
This person talks about "10 year old" and yet who's the one getting personal in the debates? who was making "brazil" jokes trying to mock? some people are damn hypocrites 8-) ..you see what you want to see, i'm still gonna be me.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't know why you lot keep saying we need more posters like WindieWeathers. Maybe I need to post like him for a week to prove a point.

Flem274*

123/5

Hey *****...can't blame him for bringing up his LEGITIMATE POINT time and again because people won't listen!!! I ask you ***** what is he supposed to do?? ASHWIN bowled like Sunnie yet WHO does the BCCI call??

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know why you lot keep saying we need more posters like WindieWeathers. Maybe I need to post like him for a week to prove a point.
Don't get me wrong, I only said we need one poster of that kind so everyone can have fun picking on him.

cnerd123

likes this
Hopefully we can all move on from this...as i really don't want to have any part in any negative vibes..i've been down that road before and in my return i promised i would not go there again.
This person talks about "10 year old" and yet who's the one getting personal in the debates? who was making "brazil" jokes trying to mock? some people are damn hypocrites 8-) ..you see what you want to see, i'm still gonna be me.
"It's Tough Being Me - the WindieWeathers story"

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I don't usually talk about posting styles and 'forum politics' but from the outside looking in it seems to me as if WW is being treated incredibly harshly in this thread and a number of you should take a look at your own posts before singling WW out so blatantly.

I like posting here, it's the best international cricket forum on the web IMHO but people need to spend less time trying to bully WW and more time debating the issue at hand. Those of you who don't like WW's debating style should come up with better ways of dealing with it then what is on display in this thread.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hey *****...can't blame him for bringing up his LEGITIMATE POINT time and again because people won't listen!!! I ask you ***** what is he supposed to do?? ASHWIN bowled like Sunnie yet WHO does the BCCI call??
I think we should allocate one day of the year to be a "Post like WW Day" (I nominate the first Wednesday of the northern hemisphere Winter).

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, look, I think this thread has run its course.

Posting from all sides (and I'm not going to exclude myself from that) has been utterly atrocious and a blight on forum atmosphere; it has been since the first page. And please, do not start this **** again in some other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.