• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep like Draft on Speed

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm interested in seeing how this works.

- 8 participants - the first 8 to say they are in are playing - no more.
- The objective is to pick unique cricketers and aim for the best XI possible. If anyone else picks the same player as you, no one gets them.
- Each team selects 15 cricketers, who have played Test Cricket and emails me at sheepdraft@gmail.com
- After 24 hours (or once the 8th person has emailed me, whichever happens first) I will tell everyone which players they've got and which they haven't - eg: Lokomotiv 1) yes 2) no 3) yes 4) no 5) no 6) no (he plays baseball) 7) no 8) yes etc. etc.
- Then I will give everyone another 24 hours to name 10 more players (so this round could be a tactical decision to screw up other people too).

Participants

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Question: Are those players who have been rejected in the first round eligible to be picked again in the other rounds?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Question: Are those players who have been rejected in the first round eligible to be picked again in the other rounds?
No they wont.

I'm actually not certain what is better though. Just going 1) yes 2) no 3) no OR going 1) yes 2) no (Khaled Mahmud chosen by x and x 3) no (Peter Sleep, chosen by x and y) Thoughts?

EDIT - I'm going with option A, the 1) yes 2) no 3) no one as 15 + 10 players is enough selections to get only 11 players that you require if you pick smart and have some luck.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The latter imo.

Also, just realized Monk's avatars are moving towards the Sin City spectrum more and more.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The latter imo.
Yeah sorry for asking for your thought and then making a decision moments later. I'm happy with the first option, for the reason explained last post. Its not that big a difference though, if you have a NO, you know someone else has picked that same player anyway.

Particpants

Pothas, Mock, Saint Kopite, AldoRaine18, harsh.ag, fredfertang

2 to go.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cool, that was quick, we've got the 8 participants now..

1 Pothas
2 Monk
3 Saint Kopite
4 AldoRaine18
5 harsh.ag
6 fredfertang
7 Cabinet96
8 Dan

On your marks, get set, go.

Email me at sheepdraft@gmail.com with your first 15 choices.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In.

What happens if people pick their 25 and don't have an XI?
I give them the absolute worst cricketers ever without thinking about what they actually need. So yeah, smart picks is the order of the day.