• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep like Draft on Speed

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Rejected
Curtly Ambrose, Alec Bedser, Allan Border, Don Bradman, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Michael Clarke, AB de Villiers, Allan Donald, Farokh Engineer, Godfrey Evans, Adam Gilchrist, Gordon Greenidge, Richard Hadlee, Neil Harvey, Mitchell Johnson, Imran Khan, Jim Laker, Stuart MacGill, Malcolm Marshall, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shaun Pollock, Ricky Ponting, Barry Richards, Viv Richards, Dale Steyn, Sachin Tendulkar, Charlie Turner, Frank Tyson, Clyde Walcott, Steve Waugh

Hopefully no objections with this. I mean you guys still don't know who is taken..

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Could always run one of these again shortly. I was actually thinking next time, the more people the better and I might put some restrictions on it, so we do indeed get some unusual looking XIs..
Signing in already

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Yes. You have to finish your team with these 10 final picks.

Do people risk it all and potentially finish with just 8 players and 3 nuffies.
Do they try and sabotage opponents?

EDIT - I've also decided that for team balance reasons, if you end up with 11 but say only 1 quick YOU can if you like sub a player out for the potential chance of getting lucky with the sheep.
Lets say, at the end I get 10 players overall and need 1 but that 1 is an opener. Will the sheep be an opener or it can be anyone?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Rejected
Curtly Ambrose, Alec Bedser, Allan Border, Don Bradman, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Michael Clarke, AB de Villiers, Allan Donald, Farokh Engineer, Godfrey Evans, Adam Gilchrist, Gordon Greenidge, Richard Hadlee, Neil Harvey, Mitchell Johnson, Imran Khan, Jim Laker, Stuart MacGill, Malcolm Marshall, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shaun Pollock, Ricky Ponting, Barry Richards, Viv Richards, Dale Steyn, Sachin Tendulkar, Charlie Turner, Frank Tyson, Clyde Walcott, Steve Waugh

Hopefully no objections with this. I mean you guys still don't know who is taken..
Wow, I can make an ATG XI out of players not in that list and that will be as good as any.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lets say, at the end I get 10 players overall and need 1 but that 1 is an opener. Will the sheep be an opener or it can be anyone?
Nope. Its random. Ive written 20 players down in an order. The first person to submit there team this round is getting the first person from the list. The reason why? Youve had 25 chances to find 11 spots, its a risk vs reward exercise.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Still waitint on Pothas, saint kopite, harsh and dan.

Ill post results in another 15 hours approx.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah sorry, away camping at the moment and I have no mobile reception unless I trek it up to the top of a cliff. Either scratch me or I'll send it in hopefully about 24hrs from now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah sorry, away camping at the moment and I have no mobile reception unless I trek it up to the top of a cliff. Either scratch me or I'll send it in hopefully about 24hrs from now.
I don't mind waiting

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Surely if you're out in nature's majesty living real life you can find the half an hour or so to get to the top of that cliff and trawl thru cricinfo and the previous choices and your last sent email to Nufan and make your selection, can't you?

****! :happy:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
We can wait for Dan for now. I'll wait a further 22-24 hours and then put up results.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No Dan.

Pothas gets Jack Gregory, Curtly Ambrose, Brian Statham, Angus Fraser = 10 players
Monk gets Ian Healy, Denis Lindsay, Mike Hussey, Kevin Pietersen, Michael Holding = 12 players
Saint Kopite gets Lance Gibbs = 7 players
AldoRaine18 gets Conrad Hunte, Graham Thorpe, Walter Hammond, Brendon McCullum, John Waite, Jason Gillespie, Brett Lee, Merv Hughes, Ray Lindwall, Peter Pollock = 16 players
harsh.ag gets Herbie Taylor, Aravinda de Silva, Arthur Shrewsbury, Younis Khan, Che Pujara = 11 players
fredfertang gets Bob Taylor, Rohan Kanhai, John Edirch, Sylvester Clarke, Stewie Dempster, John Reid, Jack Cowie, Erapalli Prasana = 17 players
Cabinet gets Trent Boult, Nick Compton, Alistair Cook, A Rahane, Graeme Smith, Steve Smith, Tim Southee, Chris Woakes = 14 players

Sorry about the poor formatting

Pothas gets: Graeme Labrooy
Saint Kopite gets Imrul Kayes, Floyd Reifer, Scott Muller, Dirk Wellham