• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia 1999 V Australia 2003 - Who would win? [ODIs]

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Ok.

Was discussing with a friend regarding this. If we consider all the players in their respective teams at their best, who do you lot think would win the match?

Steve Waugh's Australia or Australia circa 2003?

Now, In 2003, Australia had Hayden, Lee and Symonds but Tugga's side had the great man himself, Junior and one of the greatest matchwinners in Warne.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
2003 team was far more dominant, but the 1999 team faced better competition during that tournament you'd think. Tricky one.

2007 arguably smashes them both.

Spark

Global Moderator
The moment I saw this thread I was gonna post "2007" but I see two people already got in. Goddamnit.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only real difference in the two sides is that of self-belief, which had climbed up to monumental levels by 2003.

And surely Warne trumps Lee. Bichel was my favorite Aussie 2003 WC player.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warne was in the '99 WC team, not in the '03 WC team. I thought that was what we were talking about (?)