• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Poll: Stats draft 2014

Choose the top 3 ATG teams

• Total voters

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Just have the feeling that Donald is vastly under rated on CW. Stats are unreal, probably closest to MM and that pace and aggression. Fantastic spear head.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just have the feeling that Donald is vastly under rated on CW. Stats are unreal, probably closest to MM and that pace and aggression. Fantastic spear head.
But he was average against Australia a few times and that obviously makes everything else irrelevant #CWLogic

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, I agree with your assessment of Donald. He is seriously up there with the very best. He suffers only in comparison to the tier-1 crop on CW I think.

bagapath

International Captain
who are in tier 1?

marshall
lillee
hadlee
imran
mcgrath
ambrose
trueman
akram
steyn
and donald?

waqar
holding
garner
snow
barnes
bedser
hall
roberts
johnson
pollock - in the next tier?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have recently done a complete u-turn on Wasim and think he's up there with McGrath and Ambrose, not a step below as I used to believe. Now one will care about this.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harsh's team is the best for me, albeit not by much. I'm assuming that Aldo is just kidding about giving the captaincy of his side to Cowdrey, and that he really meant to give the job to Sutcliffe. I went for Ankitj for my third choice because his team is, to put it bluntly, an interesting one

bagapath

International Captain
Harsh's team is the best for me, albeit not by much. I'm assuming that Aldo is just kidding about giving the captaincy of his side to Cowdrey, and that he really meant to give the job to Sutcliffe. I went for Ankitj for my third choice because his team is, to put it bluntly, an interesting one
He hadn't chosen a skipper. So I assumed he would go for cowdrey. No idea sutcliffe was a captain at some point.

fredfertang

He hadn't chosen a skipper. So I assumed he would go for cowdrey. No idea sutcliffe was a captain at some point.
He wasn't, but was recognised as potentially a good captain - before Yorkshire appointed Brian Sellers there was a move to get him to turn amateur so he could be given the job - I'm probably being a bit harsh on Cowdrey but he was totally risk averse as a skipper

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
No one stood out in that team for me and before I could decide the poll had went up. I would have probably gone with Wasim.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The interesting thing about this draft is how everyone including myself have forgotten how to spell morgei.

Oh, and I voted for some teams too, check the results if you are interested.

bagapath

International Captain
The interesting thing about this draft is how everyone including myself have forgotten how to spell morgei.

Oh, and I voted for some teams too, check the results if you are interested.
I would also have voted for coronis but for the presence of chris cairns in his XI. 10 crack-shot players + 1 match fixer combo kind of sullies an otherwise fantastic team selection.

If you replace Cairns with Noble then his is probably the most perfectly balanced team of all.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Is this true?

While former New Zealand Captain #ChrisCairns is cleaning Bus Shelters after his fall out due to match fixing charges and being branded as Law Breaker.

Chris Cairns has reportedly taken up a job with the Auckland council, where he drives a truck that goes around water-blasting bus shelters in NZ's capital city. The cleaning job earns the former cricketer a modest $17 an hour.

In Contrast, after a similar incident, former captain Md.Azharuddin became a Law Maker (elected as MP) in 2009.

bagapath

International Captain
It is time to declare that morgeib has won the poll.

I guess the majority loved the idea of sobers and kallis playing together.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats Morgeib. A bit of a surprise for me because of the bowling attack, but what a batting line up.