Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Martin Crowe has cancer relapse

  1. #1
    International Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,250

    Martin Crowe has cancer relapse


  2. #2
    The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    8,470
    Good luck to a good guy.

  3. #3
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Auckland, Aotearoa
    Posts
    21,389
    Ah, really sorry to hear. All the best to him.

  4. #4
    Cricketer Of The Year watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,141
    Martin David Crowe @MDCroweMentor

    After a brilliant year of self discovery and recovery I have more work to do. My friend & tough taskmaster Lymphoma is back to teach me.
    6:12 AM - 17 Sep 2014
    Elegantly put by the ATG batsman.
    1. Sunil Gavaskar 2. Virender Sehwag 3. Jimmy Amarnath 4. Sachin Tendulkar 5. Virat Kohli 6. Vinoo Mankad 7. MS Dhoni 8. Kapil Dev 9. Javagal Srinath 10. Zaheer Khan 11. Subhash Gupte


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Bullingdon Club's carsy
    Posts
    15,182
    Not good news - sincerely hope he shrugs it off again

    Slightly perplexed by the belief that touring the sub-continent was the cause, albeit indirectly - I wonder whether there is any scientific basis for that

  6. #6
    State Captain YorksLanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,917
    what a shame..good luck and prayers for him to get over it again..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

  7. #7
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    england
    Posts
    7,469
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Not good news - sincerely hope he shrugs it off again

    Slightly perplexed by the belief that touring the sub-continent was the cause, albeit indirectly - I wonder whether there is any scientific basis for that
    I think that bit of the article is phrased rather badly. He believes that the salmonella poisoning and glandular fever weakened his immune system (which does make him more susceptible to Lymphoma). The Sub-Continent is just where he happened to be at the time.
    Having said that there did used to be much paranoia about certain parts of the World. Geoff Boycott for example didn't tour India in the early 70's because he believed not having a spleen made him more likely to suffer ill-health in that part of the World.

  8. #8
    State Vice-Captain AldoRaine18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lyon, France
    Posts
    1,385
    Sorry to hear this news. Hope he recovers soon.

  9. #9
    The Tiger King smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    26,960
    Get well soon
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mrs Miggins pie shop
    Posts
    16,257
    News sucks, hope he wins the fight.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    15,143
    Best wishes Martin

    After a brilliant year of self discovery and recovery I have more work to do. My friend & tough taskmaster Lymphoma is back to teach me
    Would hate the mental side of getting cancer as much as the physical side of it.
    1) Ross is Boss.
    2) See point 1.

    Leading the charge against nuances being used in posts.

    Overrated XI M Bracewell, Burns, Rahane, Don Voges, Bairstow, Alecz Day, Donovan Grobelaar, Luke Ronchi, Faulkner, Dan Christian, Permaul

  12. #12
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    14,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Best wishes Martin



    Would hate the mental side of getting cancer as much as the physical side of it.
    10 months ago, my 90 yo Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer on a Thursday and operated upon on the Monday

    Despite the fact that he is not a normal guy of his age, the specialist later said that they would never have opened him up if they knew what was inside

    I speak to him everyday and everyday he tells me that he will beat it

    Yesterday the docs gave him the all clear, so I asked "what now?"

    "I'll beat the cancer in the liver and prostate as well"

    He is the strongest person I know but it will wear anybody down and I'm just glad that he is 91 not younger

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member Hurricane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Posts
    15,143
    Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    10 months ago, my 90 yo Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer on a Thursday and operated upon on the Monday

    Despite the fact that he is not a normal guy of his age, the specialist later said that they would never have opened him up if they knew what was inside

    I speak to him everyday and everyday he tells me that he will beat it

    Yesterday the docs gave him the all clear, so I asked "what now?"

    "I'll beat the cancer in the liver and prostate as well"

    He is the strongest person I know but it will wear anybody down and I'm just glad that he is 91 not younger
    That's an incredible story thanks for sharing that Social.

    Like I said you need determination to beat the cancer to put up with the treatment rather than just curling up in a ball and giving up. Also there is a belief that if you maintain a positive outlook you have a better chance of beating it. So that also must test you on down days e.g. "I need to pick myself up here".

    My ex wife has cancer - she is still my friend so I sent her some good will messages. It was really difficult as she was really picky over the words that I used as she wants to control her mental state. After a while each email I sent to her was a master piece that took a long time to construct.

  14. #14
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    14,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    That's an incredible story thanks for sharing that Social.

    Like I said you need determination to beat the cancer to put up with the treatment rather than just curling up in a ball and giving up. Also there is a belief that if you maintain a positive outlook you have a better chance of beating it. So that also must test you on down days e.g. "I need to pick myself up here".

    My ex wife has cancer - she is still my friend so I sent her some good will messages. It was really difficult as she was really picky over the words that I used as she wants to control her mental state. After a while each email I sent to her was a master piece that took a long time to construct.
    My sympathies mate

    Everyone is different

    He is aware of his mortality so I can say whatever I want/feel

    Dad is driven by the fact Mum isn't well (she's 85) and should probably be in a home but he will never let that happen whilst he is breathing

    Horrible disease and side-effects from the treatment (e.g. chemo effects the nerve endings and there are days when he cant put his feet on the floor)

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Posts
    16,183
    Not sounding quite so good for Crowe this time, it seems: Cricket star Crowe seriously ill - National - NZ Herald News
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.


    Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket great Martin Crowe diagnosed with cancer
    By Mike5181 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 18-10-2012, 01:47 AM
  2. Martin Crowe's idea
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 09:27 AM
  3. Who Is Martin Crowe ?
    By legglancer12 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 01:39 PM
  4. Martin Crowe
    By Richard Rash in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 26-01-2005, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •